25 October 2016

Winter is coming...

The leaves are flying. Turned on the heater last night for the first time since spring (I love that smell... the heater kicking on for the first time). Frost Advisory for tonight. My feet and my nose are cold. Tiger Lily has made her winter migration to her cozy basket, and her "donut" (a blanket formed in a circle).

Winter is coming. I find this time of year invigorating. I scurry around, getting things ready as if there will be a blizzard next week. There won't be, of course, but my homemaker brain responds to changes in the weather as if I were a little animal out in the woods. Gather supplies. Make the nest cozy. 

My stitcher brain responds, too. Something about cold weather puts my stitching motivation into overdrive. Here's the latest installment in my Keeping Christmas Project. This is from The Joys of Christmas by The Drawn Thread. The designer calls for GAST Cucumber and Weathered Barn, but I'm using GAST Bayberry and Pomegranate for this set of six ornaments. I did the first one last year.


Of course, I had to make another Christmas-y needle minder. This is made from a glass bead from Hobby Lobby. I am about all things peppermint at this time of year.

And here are the supplies for my next Keeping Christmas Project ornament. Lots of sparkle and non-traditional Christmas colors. 

I have five more projects to frame, and I have a bunch of tea box bookmarks to make, so come back and visit often to see what I'm up to. The little basket of joy is ready!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on another Keeping Christmas finish, Honeybee! It is lovely and I like your color changes. Tiger Lily looks like she is ready to hunker down. I look forward to seeing your new project; very interesting colors you showed. Your peppermint needle minder looks good enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Thank you for the link to the basket of joy! I enjoyed reading that post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pic. of Tiger Lily she looks so comfy. It is always fun to stitch Christmas items. Sunny Greetings from New Orleans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waving "hello" from the chilly East Coast! Welcome, Alice!

      Delete
  4. I know I don't visit that often but I sure love your blog :) it's always full of fun, fascinating ideas, beautiful stitching and who can't help but want to snuggle with Tiger Lily :) Thank you so much for sharing a bit of your world with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very sweet of you, Laura! You're most welcome.

      Delete
  5. Your ornaments are so pretty.
    Tiger Lily looks so cozy and warm, such a pretty girl.
    Cool needleminder!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the non-traditional Christmas colors...is this another one of your famous color conversions?

    I made homemade hot chocolate yesterday - it was the perfect day for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kinda! :O) I'm not departing too far from the original colors, just brightening them up a bit and using beads instead of floss for a few colors.

      Delete
  7. Your finish is very pretty. I love your bead colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your stitching; love your needle keeps; love your framing. Clever woman!

    ReplyDelete