11 October 2016

New Project: Sleeping Fox

Here's my next big project, Sleeping Fox by LeafBlown Designs, available here.

Pretty neat, huh? Since foxes have become trendy, there are lots of fox designs out there, but I don't try to buy them all just because I love foxes; I'm fairly selective. This one really caught my eye, and as soon as I saw it I had to have it. I love the modern design and the unusual colors.

The fabric is yummy. This is Bittersweet Lite hand-dyed Jobelan, available from 123Stitch. It's a soft, creamy orange. I've never stitched on fabric even remotely close to this color, but when I was visualizing the design on different colors, none of them were working for me, except this very pale, mottled orange. 

I may not be posting many progress pictures, since it's just going to look like blobs of color until I get the head done. It should be a fun stitch... no counting issues or fiddling with a stitch in this color here, a stitch in that color there... just nice fat blocks of color. It should go fairly quickly, but I've learned that best-laid plans usually end in a spectacular explosion and   burn to the ground. We'll see. Thinking of starting my Christmas ornament for this year today, too (also a fox!). Stay tuned.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a fabulous fox design! I really like the fabric you have selected for it. I look forward to seeing your 'blobs' of color come to life as a fox.

    PS Thank you for sharing/including the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cool! I have said it before, I will say it again, I need someone to restart a poodle trend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this at ABC Stitch therapy and thought of you.
    http://www.abcstitch.com/designers_php/feature-news.php?id=783698

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beth! Have it... in my to-do pile! ;O)

      Delete
  4. This is n interesting design.
    Have fun with it.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete