30 September 2019

Christmas Ornament SAL September Finish


Somewhat unbelievably, I'm still on schedule with the Christmas Ornament SAL. This is my September finish, a Brooke Nolan design from the 2010 Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament issue. I'm really happy with how the color conversion turned out. The pictures can't capture how sparkly it is, though. Most of the robe is stitched with Kreinik and this ornament just glitters.

Here are the original threads followed by my choices:

DMC:
3731--->3733
3752--->3727
932--->316
931--->3726
3835--->3053
3350--->3733

Kreinik:
9400--->9200
006--->007
051HL--->713
093--->089
026--->2122

I didn't stitch the halos, stars, flowers, or leaves for the border. I haven't yet decided how to finish it.

11 comments:

  1. Well done keeping on top of your schedule, a very nice Christmas stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, I must find this chart for my GD who is having another baby any day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely stitch! I like your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honeybee ~ I think the halos would be
    lovely ...up to you... This is a beautiful
    subject for Christmas ornament and your
    color choices are spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. I'm a new follower. I heard about your blog from Live to Stitch and decided to come explore. What beautiful projects you are working on. This one is a lovely finish as well. I look forward to getting to know you more and watching your beautiful projects come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this design! It just makes me smile! Yours is so pretty! I love the pink! I stitched this one last week too! I also converted the threads but tried to keep with the blues-I used DMC's new Etoiles because I didn't have the Kreiniks. Not *quite* as sparkly but still pretty sparkly! I did do the halos using Petite Treasure Braid and I like them, but I think the bright gold might overpower your pastel palette. Congratulations on a sweet finish!

    ReplyDelete