10 July 2014

Fox Pendant

I've been wanting to make a little stitched pendant for a while, and yesterday during my crime spree I picked up a pocket watch-style pendant at my LNS. I already had a fox freebie in mind to stitch for it. These pendants are available in lots of styles at most craft stores, but I particularly liked this one because it looks like an old watch case, and also because it's a bit deeper than others I've seen. That prevents the stitching from being smooshed against the glass.

This little fox stitched up quickly. I used DMC and stitched him on 30 ct. 18th c. Stone linen (R&R Reproductions). 

Stitchy Supervisor says it passes inspection.

I think these stitched pendants would make really cute, interesting gifts. They work up quickly and are inexpensive and they're a nice change from the usual finishing techniques. If you're willing and able to stitch over one thread, you could create even more elaborate gifts.

6 comments:

  1. That is just darling!! How does the needlework mount in the case?? Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura. The card for the pocket watch has a template on it so I just cut that out, attached a little quilt batting to give it some body, and then attached the stitching. This pocket watch is deep enough to accommodate all of that without mashing the stitches. I just laid it in the back of the case and snapped it closed.

      Delete
  2. Very very cute! BTW your blog header is wonderful - I'm drunk on color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny! That's the idea, right? :O) Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Supppppppppppperrrrrrrr cute! Just love it. :)

    ReplyDelete