16 January 2019

2018 Christmas Ornaments

At our house, we have an annual tradition of choosing our Christmas ornaments from the current Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments issue. We've been doing this since we married in December 2000, so we have... a lot of ornaments!

Mr. Wonderful's 2018 choice:

I found this neat rusty jingle bell/berry garland at JoAnn Fabrics back in the fall. It's definitely not my style, but I had Mr. Wonderful's ornament choice in mind and thought it would work well. I just cut a few bits and wired them together.

Customized cow! Changed the color and fiddled with the face, and added some fluff to the tail. This is stitched on 28 ct. Natural Brown Undyed linen from Wichelt, with Caron Wildflowers in Cinnabar, Copper, Dark Shadows, Ivy, Natural, and Old Gold. I used a smidgeon of light green for the cat's eyes and a bit of a peachy color for the cow's nose.

And here's my 2018 choice:


This is called the Angel of Generosity and the letters on the stockings are supposed to be "G-I-V-E" but I replaced the letters with the year instead.

I should be able to show my January SAL finish soon, so stay tuned!


9 comments:

  1. Lovely ornament and finishing choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful idea. I love all of the beads and the year, a good way to know which was chosen when if you add the date somewhere. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful ornaments you created for you and Mr. Wonderful! Well done, Honeybee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great idea choosing ornaments.
    They are both so pretty!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely tradition! Both of these ornaments are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your ornaments choices. RJ

    ReplyDelete