24 January 2019

Christmas Ornament SAL January Finish


A small triumph! Amidst all the hustle and bustle of getting ready to move, I managed to stitch--and finish!--my first ornament for the Christmas Ornament SAL. I'm stitching Theme #3 and this is my January choice from the 2009 JCS Christmas Ornament issue, "Peace 2009" by Sue Hillis. It's pouring rain here and that silvery pink metallic just will not show up in this light, but I don't have time to wait for the weather to cooperate with my photography! 

This is stitched on 28 ct. raw linen with Classic Colorworks Sweetest Heart and Rainbow Gallery Petite Treasure Braid Powder Pink PB28. The beads are Mill Hill 3005. I found the trim at Jo Ann Fabrics back in the fall (it's a Christmas trim).

All I have left on my February ornament is the beading and finishing, which I hope to get done this weekend. 

Don't look now, y'all--I'm ahead!

(Aaaaaand I probably just jinxed myself.)

12 comments:

  1. I have had this one on my to do list for years!! And you and I both love pink! This is just perfection to me. LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Honeybee! What a fabulous ornament you have created! It looks so pretty on that raw linen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty ornament! And I would call this a MAJOR triumph that you were able to stitch and finish this (and be so close to finishing February as well) in the midst of moving prep - I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty stitching and wonderful finishing. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely stitch ,so pretty .

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is delightful, and makes a change from all the usual Christmas themes. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! How did you finish off the cording trim? Is it simply a knot with the ends tucked under? It’s really pretty. I struggle with hiding the ends of the cording.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meg! Yes, it's just a small knot with the ends tucked. I rarely use bows, so I'm always trying to think up ways to conceal the ends of trim!

      Delete
  8. Thanks so much for the link to your finishing tips in the Ornament SAL. It's just the encouragement I needed to tackle the finish. I've added you to my blog reader. I also like the cat fort. This is something I might need in the future too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome, Suzanne! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete