14 January 2019

A Snowy Weekend

We had our first heavy snowfall over the weekend and it couldn't have been nicer. Just enough snow (7 inches) to make everything pretty and quiet, not enough to cause any trouble.

A little pre-storm baking on Friday.

It started snowing lightly on Saturday afternoon. The texture of the snow was exactly like the pretend snow you can buy for craft projects. It was very dry and very sparkly.


It snowed all Saturday night and all day Sunday.


Saturday morning before the snow started, Mr. Wonderful took me to my LNS. I'm almost finished kitting up all my projects for my Moving Mini Stash (see my previous post) but I needed a few more things. It was bittersweet. I'll probably only be able to visit there one more time before we move--hopefully for Market Day--and I'm going to miss them. Having a LNS is such a blessing. Anyway, as I mentioned last time, I joined a SAL (click on the badge in the right sidebar). I'm working on pink and green Christmas ornaments for my pink tree for my pink and green sewing room! I needed a range of pinks to choose from and chose these. Aren't they pretty? From left to right: GAST Briar Rose, CC Wild Berries, CC Clay Pot, CC Jakey Brown, CC Little House Brown. 

I love green threads (and fabric) so I already have a range of greens to choose from, but I added a couple, along with some sparkly pinks and some touches of lavender.

Stocked up on some of my favorite traditional Christmas greens and reds, since all my Mini Stash projects are Christmas. Here is one of my favorite color combos: GAST Bayberry and GAST Pomegranate.

So that was my weekend. A trip to my LNS and a winter storm. Pretty great. And of course this morning we have the usual gorgeous post-storm "blue morning." Look at that sky!

Last week's moving prep was the entry way, guest bath, laundry area, and coat closet. This week, it's the kitchen. I'm hoping I'll get a little time later in the week to do some finishing. I've finished my January SAL project and I'm halfway through February, plus I've got our 2018 Christmas ornaments that need finishing. Busy week ahead. 

Thanks to everyone for all the kind comments about taking time to stitch while getting ready to move, and even joining a SAL. Y'all understand that stitching is what keeps a lot of us on an even keel! Have a great week, everybody!

4 comments:

  1. What gorgeous snow pictures, Honeybee! I love the one with the bright blue sky. Our sky here is still overcast although the sun is really trying to make an appearance. It was a beautiful snowfall. Glad you were able to squeeze in a trip to your LNS; what pretty threads you came away with! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your snowy pictures - it does really sparkle! Sounds like a great week-end visiting the LNS and then snow. Such pretty floss colors you chose, too. It will be sad to leave your LNS here, but hopefully there might be one not too far from your new home. It sounds like you've gotten a lot done preparing for your move, hope this week is productive as well, and you also have time to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your snow pictures are beautiful. I would love a snow day off from school, but I would like to avoid the shoveling. I hope you will find a new LNS near your new home, but I am sure you will miss your current one as it is familiar. Your purchases are very pretty. I am looking forward to seeing what you decide to make. Your muffins look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snow is so pretty & sparkly!!
    Those are some pretty thread choices.
    Can't wait to see what you make with them.
    Have a productive week!
    Pat-pat for Tiger Lily. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete