11 September 2013

A VIP

A Very Important Project. This is my square for a quilt being made for a fellow stitcher who recently lost her husband to a brief and devastating illness. He was an outdoorsman who loved nature and hiking in the woods, and I wanted to choose a design that reflected that enjoyment. I also wanted something masculine. I was really pleased to find this free chart.

This is Spirit Bear, stitched on 28 ct. evenweave using DMC 3781. The requirements for the quilt were white evenweave and no over-dyed threads, so this was something very different from what I usually stitch. In fact, it made me realize that I never stitch on white as I had to buy some just for this project! I like a very full look to my stitches so I used three strands of floss, and went through two skeins and a smidge of another to complete this project (in case you're contemplating stitching this design).  


6 comments:

  1. A wonderful and thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect pattern for the project:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so very kind of you. I'm sure she will cherish it. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pattern couldn't be more perfect. I'm sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's perfect for the quilt! I looked around when the first call went out but I was not creative enough to find something that would fit. Love it!

    ReplyDelete