21 June 2015

Mental Health Weekend: Saturday

It's the first day of summer. Where has the first half of this year gone?! 

I "summerized" the basket in my sewing room. I don't have many summer finishes because--I must confess--I have no interest whatsoever in summer. I use it as a preparation period for my two favorite seasons, fall and winter. 





And I came sooo close to finishing Super Honeybee, but we had some severe weather last night that interrupted my stitching. All is well, but I didn't quite finish her.

I have to say, I absolutely love how she's turning out. That raised eyebrow kept bugging me, so I changed it. I think I'll change the "B" on her shirt from silver to pink as well, so it will show up better. 

The MHW continues apace: slowly. It's been a slooow, quiet weekend (except for weather drama last night), which is just what I wanted. One more day to savor.

4 comments:

  1. Super Honeybee is looking great!
    I like your summer basket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your summer basket looks great! I really like your stitched summer Quaker piece and the folded star balls. Did you create them or buy them?

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, I made them. They're very easy... they just look complicated. There are lots of tutorials on Youtube. Just search for "quilted ornaments".

      Delete
  3. Wonderful work! Love your Spirit of America!

    ReplyDelete