11 June 2016

Saturday Sampler: Stitchy Edition

Here's what I've been working on for the last few weeks. This is Garden Sampler by Karen Kluba, stitched with Valdani on PTP Valor. It's available here. The only change I made was to omit the quote and reconfigure the bottom border to match the other three sides.

Speaking of Picture This Plus, I've been on a hunt for a really good neutral fabric with an aged look. I just got an order from them this week with a couple of possibilities. Added to the others I've collected recently, this is what I've got so far.

Left to right:
Carmel Macchiato from Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie
Vintage Butter Pecan from Lakeside Linens
Sand from PTP
Legacy from PTP
Wren from PTP

Haven't chosen a favorite. They're all so different and I can see using all of them, but I'll be using Sand for my next project--Fox Forest by The Workbasket--which I hope to start this weekend after I finish up Garden Sampler. And even though it's over a month away, I'm already starting to plan for the big Picture This Plus sale in July. I've made one decision already, that I'll be getting a piece of Loch for this cool design I just got.

I also just got a bunch of Caron Wildflowers, which I'm thrilled with! A fellow stitcher was selling her collection at a discount, so I bought a few. If you're new here, it's my favorite fiber. I just love the stuff.

And last, but far from least, a glamor shot of the Stitchy Supervisor. She's been on sickroom duty this week, bless her heart. I--who never get sick--was super sick this week... and of course Mr. Wonderful was out of town! So Miss Tiger Lily was acting nursemaid. She stuck to me like glue. What a sweetie.

Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Your sampler is gorgeous! And so are the new fabrics and threads. Finding the perfect neutrals is always harder than it looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, Annie. It seems like it would be easy, but... nope!

      Delete
  2. Your floral sampler looks stunning, Honeybee. How do you like the Valdani threads? Not much longer before you add it to the finished pile! I like your recent fabric acquisitions. Your piece of Sand looks awesome. My last piece of Sand has a mottled green tint to it. What a nice haul of Wildflowers you snagged! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin! I find the Valdani threads to feel a bit coarser than DMC, and they give more of a matte finish than DMC. The color changes along the thread are more abrupt than what I'm used to in the variegated threads I usually use. Having said all of that, they're giving me a very pretty result on my sampler, and while I wouldn't go out of my way to use them, I'm very happy with them for this project.

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry you were ill.
    What a gorgeous Garden Sampler.
    Oh what fun you will have with with the foxes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are on the mend and Miss Tiger Lily makes the perfect nurse IMHO :) Your sampler is turning out gorgeous and love the fabrics you chose - can't wait to see the foxes being done too! Whenever I see a fox pattern, I immediately think of you :)

    Laura
    WA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! I'm looking forward to getting started on Fox Forest; it was my first choice for my next project after I finished my wedding sampler, but I didn't have the fabric for it so I started Garden Sampler instead. Happily, it's been a quick stitch.

      Delete
  5. Oh, that is soooo pretty, love the fabric too.
    The Fox piece looks like fun, and the fabrics are all pretty.
    Tiger Lily is so beautiful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sampler is so pretty - what gorgeous colours!
    I love your planned new start (La Ronde des Renards) and Loch sounds like the perfect fabric for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous sampler, love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful sampler.
    Greetings, Manuela (your new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are feeling better by now. Beautiful selection of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete