29 July 2017

Saturday Sampler: Fresh Air Edition

I have a summery finish! This sweet freebie--which is available here--has been in my stash for a while, and so has the honeycomb fabric. I finally got them together!


Fabric: 28 ct. Berkshire Hive from Fabric Flair
My thread choices (Classic Colorworks):

bee skep: Bramble Bush, Sassy Brass
bees: Blackbird, Queen Bee, DMC B5200
flowers: Plum Paisley, Purple Aster
vines: Weeping Willow
border: Bramble Bush
"BEE": Purple Aster

Note: the top wing of the bee on the right is slightly different from the others. If you want them all to be symmetrical, add another row of four stitches to the top wing.

We had torrential rain and a cold front yesterday, and today is glorious. It's the end of July and it's 64 degrees. I have all the windows open. My absolute favorite smell in the whole world is the smell of fresh air wafting through the house. Unless we'll freeze or swelter, I have the windows open, and it's a rare treat to be able to open them in the middle of the summer. Tiger Lily is enjoying the fresh air.



Snackage!

Upcoming projects!


Fresh air, a finish, snacks, a new project, a happy kitty... what could be better? Happy Saturday!

13 comments:

  1. Oh Honeybee, I really like your bee piece on the honeycomb fabric. They look perfect together. I am looking forward to seeing your new projects. What is the green that you have paired with the Morning Glory and what is the red in the last photo. Hmmm, you have been tidy baking again. New recipe or the same one you shared earlier about the Carbquick? Tiger Lily looks like she is enjoying the open windows. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin! The green is GAST Mistletoe and the reddish color is Classic Colorworks Wild Berries. The biscuits are the Carbquick recipe, I just made them with mini chocolate chips this time. Stand by for more innovations! ;O)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the color information, Honeybee. I need to pull my skeins of Mistletoe and Wild Berries to check them out. I thought your biscuits had more chocolate in them. :)

      Delete
    3. LOL! That was the idea! ;O)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE your bee finish!

    I'm jealous of your 64 degrees although I'd probably freeze. We've been in the high 90's here (before the heat index is considered).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fresh air, a finish, snacks and a kitty. I enjoyed this post. We are hot and humid here so no open windows. I am looking forward to seeing what that new project is going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The honeycomb fabric is perfect for this!! We have been blessed with cool nights most nights lately. I love sleeping with the windows open to cool, fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a perfect Saturday! Love your finish and your colors, very pretty. Windows open here too after rain on and off throughout the night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honeybee, I love the honeycomb fabric you used for this stitch. I love this subrosa stitch, it was my week 4 June post on our blog. Great color choices on it too.
    We finally have cool weather and it's a joy having the windows open with a breeze blowing through. Your little cat is enjoying it too! Enjoy what's left of the weekend. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this stitch Honeybee. And, it goes perfectly with the honeycomb fabric. Looks like some more great small baking...looks great! It's 101 here in Texas today...are you missing it? RJ @ stitching friends forever

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Honeybee
    You very kindly visited my blog a few weeks ago. Just wanted to say thank you for your visit and kind words. I've managed to lose that blog and have just started another so let's hope I don't lose this one. Your finish is lovely, I like bees too.
    Also Tiger-Lily is just gorgeous! Hope you have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tiger Lilly needs to come over for a play date. She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete