07 September 2018

Autumn Dollhouse

Taking a quick break from the giant sewing room rearrange to share my new way to display my seasonal smalls. If you've been reading for a while, you're probably familiar with my seasonal baskets. Unfortunately, in rearranging the room, I had to give up the surface space where the basket lived. A few months ago I picked up this unfinished wooden dollhouse shelf at Michael's on sale and set it aside for some future use. My dollhouse was always my favorite toy when I was little, and I still have a soft spot for them. (My mom still has mine!) The dollhouse has become the new home for my seasonal smalls display. It now sits atop a bookshelf, taking up very little space, and it's easily visible. 




I want to fiddle with it a bit more and add a few things, but I've still gots lots of work to do and no time to play! Just wanted to share another idea for displaying smalls.

Have a good weekend, y'all!

16 comments:

  1. You really do have the best ideas :+}

    Sandra In Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I wish I still had my dollhouse. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute, and pretty finishes.
    I used to have a cool metal dollhouse my Uncle bought me 2nd-hand.
    I loved that house!
    When I got a little older, Mom donated that & some of my dolls to needy kids down the street.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great display! I love how you think outside of the box for display ideas. I love all your Fall stitching and your foxes of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to display all your wonderful finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Miss Honeybee, I love your dollhouse fall display. It is simply a wonderful way to display your foxes and fall stitches. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fantastically fun way to show off your beautiful stitching and finishing skills! I've always loved your display baskets but I think you can see the projects more clearly this way :) That little stuffed fox is so sweet too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a creative idea! I love your mix of foxes and Fall designs together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should be a professional decorator - just LOVE this!!!! and your stitching is perfect as usual!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely way to display your smalls. I've gone back and looked at your baskets. They are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that dollhouse display is gorgeous! What a fantastic idea. I've never seen anything like it, and it's genius. Well done!

    ReplyDelete