19 November 2018

Update from Tiger Lily's House

We're still here! It's been a busy few weeks and I have been quiet on my blog, so I figured I'd better report in before some of y'all send the dogs out! We just got back from a trip to North Carolina, or as we call it, Pottery Disneyland. (Check out this post for an explanation.) We were supposed to go in September, but had to cancel our trip because of Hurricane Florence.  I haven't even unwrapped all of our treasures yet, and my living room looks like Santa crashed his sleigh. When I get it all unpacked, I'll photograph it (my pieces, at least) and share. If you like pottery, click on the "pottery" label in the right sidebar.

Let's see... new stuff at my house. First, two new designs from With Thy Needle & Thread. Brenda Gervais has sneakily become one of my favorite designers. The series of oval designs she's doing is just adorable. I've stitched a purple version of Here a Peep and have Jingle All the Way on my to-stitch list, so when I saw Candy Cane Wishes, I had to have it immediately. Her little mice series is also growing on me, so I picked up Plum Pudding, as well. 

Here's another of her designs I got recently.

Picked up some Rainbow Gallery Petite Treasure Braid for some Christmas stitching. I've never had a problem using Kreinik metallics, and always use them when the Brooke Nolan designs I stitch call for them, but I know a lot of stitchers seem to dislike using them. I find they work great on perforated paper, but for linen I prefer Petite Treasure Braid, simply because it has a more delicate feel to me. If you hate metallics, but have never tried PTB, give it a go. It's very easy to work with and is so pretty.

New dishes, y'all! Aren't these beautiful? Spotted these at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago (on sale!) and couldn't resist. I got some plates...

...and a little bread and butter plate and mug just for me to enjoy my winter tea and snacks.


Had to throw this in here! This is some Stanley Cup swag I got last month celebrating my Washington Capitals winning the Cup back in June. This hockey playing calico kitty was a must-have! We are very partial to calicos around here.

And this beautiful patch, combining the Cup with two D.C. symbols: the flag (based on the coat of arms of George Washington's family) and some lovely pink cherry blossoms.

Tiger Lily got something new, too. I found this adorable fleece at Jo Ann Fabrics for 50% off and figured it was time for Tiger Lily to have a new blanket. It's an ultra-plush, anti-pill fleece and it is sooo soft.

Ready for whatever winter throws at us... I think. We've already had our first snow this year (15 November), which is really, really early.

So that's what's going on around here. Having to squeeze our trip to North Carolina in right before Thanksgiving has thrown me off of my holiday game a bit, but now that it's done, I can turn my attention back to more pressing matters... like my Christmas Open House! (No hints! No sneak peeks!) Since it will be my 5th annual Open House, I'm planning something sort of celebratory. As of right now, it will be the third week of December, unless I amaze myself and have a stunningly productive week next week and can do it a bit earlier.

Hope y'all are all healthy, cozy, and ready to bake all your Thanksgiving goodies! Have a great week!

11 comments:

  1. Candy Cane Wishes has now joined my 'must stitch one day' list! This is the firs time i have seen it and it is just gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to see your new post, Honeybee. You always make me chuckle with your reference to Pottery Disneyland. Your new fox dishes are lovely. What fun new charts that have come to live at your house! I look forward to seeing what you are stitching with the PTB fibers. Tiger Lily's new blanket is adorable. Will she share it with you? Enjoy your week and wishing you and yours a very blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does share, but I got a couple of yards to make sure it would be plenty big enough for both of us!

      Delete
  3. I have some pottery from Mud Daubers in Brevard NC. I love pottery. I also own some pieces from Ayers Pottery in Hannibal MO. We found the store when we were traveling one summer. I order online from them. I just kitted up Frosty to take on our Thanksgiving trip. Not sure how much stitching I will do but I have to have it along just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I have to have Candy Cane Wishes. Brenda Gervais really got a good thing going with those mice, they are adorable! I would love to see your pottery. I have my daughter's pottery that she made throughout her school years and they are treasures. I like to buy fleece for my kitties too! I think they enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stash, and those Fox dishes are awesome!
    Tiger Lily's blanket si soooooooo cute!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. "We've already had our first snow this year (15 November), which is really, really early."

    Awww, we did too, I know exactly where you live based on your photos & weather reports & details & we are nearby! Wasn't it pretty?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was great to see your update and all the new stash. I'm looking forward to seeing your pottery purchases; I love pottery as well and am hoping to make a trip to "Pottery Disneyland" at some point - it sounds wonderful! The fox dishes are beautiful; Hobby Lobby has some great finds. Hope you have a wonderful relaxing Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to your Open House. The past 4 were amazing. Thank you, in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your baby girl kitty is just so darn precious, love seeing her
    Look so forward to your Christmas open house to.
    What count of linen do you use the petite treasure braid? 28 and 32 count?

    ReplyDelete