01 March 2021

Get in, y'all. We're doin' spring.

 













I am ignoring the piles of snow left around, and the fact that it can snow here at any time for the next two months, and I'm doin' spring. Pardon the nerd talk, but March 1st marks the beginning of meteorological spring (astronomical spring begins in a few weeks), and I am definitely okay with that. For the first time ever, I put out my spring decor before the end of February, and although I had one little winter project left to stitch, I put it aside and jumped to spring. (If we have a spring snow storm, I may pull it out and stitch it up.) 

Y'all know that we usually bake from scratch around here, but I am far from a baking snob. Sometimes you need emergency cookies, and there is nothing faster than ready-to-bake cookies, a container of frosting, and some sprinkles. Boom! Emergency Spring Cookies! My favorite combo is sugar cookies with lemon frosting, but try anything. There's no way to mess these up.

The sweet, sleepy baby bunny is available here. And to add to your spring stitching stash, here are a few freebies:

Spring Robin

Easter Basket

Easter Delivery

I have Huckleberry Farm all ready for my first stitches. I don't have a deadline for this project. I just want to stitch it and enjoy it. The pile of threads is the latest addition to my Cosmo collection, and the spring mini lights are from Hobby Lobby. 

Hope your weather is warming up nicely. Ours has been so lovely. Tomorrow will be our first open windows day since last fall and I'm so looking forward to it. Fresh air wafting through the house just makes me happy.

Happy Spring, and Happy Stitching!

13 comments:

  1. I love spring too.
    Hope yours comes soon .
    Great photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your spring. I have enjoyed reading your post. Embroidery floss is always a treat for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of your "Spring"!
    The snow piles are melting here.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Spring, Honeybee! You were on my mind the other day as they were setting up the spring display of goodies at Yoder's. Colored sugars and lots of assorted sprinkles! Your new Cosmo threads are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing the links to the freebies. Enjoy your first open window day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun Welcome to Spring post! I'm definitely ready for warmer weather, and this morning I was excited to see that my pussy willow is covered in buds and will be blooming soon. Your new Cosmo threads are beautiful. Thanks for the links. Have a great week, and Happy Spring!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely thread colors. That is the sweetest little bunny! And the cookies look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Spring, Honeybee. I am ready for the warm weather too. We keep warming up and then cooling down- aah crazy weather. Lol. All your photos are so cheerful and sweet. Thank you for the sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bring on Spring!!! I also decorated for Spring the end of February! :-) And, while in Target, purchased some Easter candy the day after Valentine's Day...lol! Of all the chocolates in the world, Easter chocolates taste the BEST! ;-) Thank you for the freebie loinks... I'll try and stitch up the little Robin this weekend... Looking forward to seeing your progress on Huckleberry Farm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have started Huckleberry Farm . Fun stitch hard to stop 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I love Spring too!! Gorgeous photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually changed my stitching displays to Spring on 1st March this year! Usually it slips to halfway through the month.
    The tiny bunny is adorable, thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rats! Now I have to add sugar cookies and lemon frosting to my grocery list for this afternoon! My snowmen are down and I need to get into the attic this week to pull out the spring time pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your version of the cabin much better than the original !

    ReplyDelete