27 July 2021

A Little Christmas in July










If you've been here a while, you may remember back in 2019 when I was preparing to move halfway across the country, I did the very sensible thing and joined a monthly SAL. Because why not? The theme of the SAL (hosted over at the Christmas Ornament SAL blog) was an ornament a month from selected years of the annual Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament issue. I thought this was a brilliant idea for a SAL and decided to stitch my ornaments in pink and green for a Christmas tree in my pink and green sewing room. Shockingly, despite moving and other nonsense, I actually got all twelve ornaments stitched that year. Finishing, however, was another story (which we all know too well). 

I'm proud to say, as of last week, they're all fully finished. These are the last five. If you want to see the previous finishes, click on the Christmas Ornament SAL label at the end of this post. I think the JCS issue information for each ornament is included, but if you don't see it, just ask in the comments and I'll find it. 

More soon...

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas stitching and finish .
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely stitching, I especially like the candy cane. I must admit that the spelling of FEARE with an extra E would drive me mad. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All very pretty ornaments.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitching is exquisite! Can you tell me where you found the Joy charm? I have looked everywhere for pretty charms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joanie!
      I found the charm here:

      https://www.twopurplepandas.com/c3739tlf-joywithsnowflake-silverplatedcharm.aspx

      Etsy also has loads of pretty charms.

      Delete
  5. What beautiful ornaments you stitched then and have now gotten finished, Honeybee! My favorite of this batch is the Joy one. I would love to know where you found the Joy charm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ornaments are all so pretty--love the way you've coordinated the pinks and greens. Beautiful, beautiful finishes as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are as precious as can be and will look amazing on the tree. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a great idea to change the colours to co-ordinate with each other. The final one is my favourite from this batch. Well done on fully finishing them all now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honeybee: They are all such lovely designs and beautiful finishing.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love those ornaments. What a thrill to have them totally completed and ready for Christmas 2021.
    Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How pretty! Pink and green go so well together. Amazing dedication to stitch them up during your move.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great feeling to have the last 5 finished. They are all beautifully done.
    So exciting you get to enjoy your complete pink amd green tree for 2021 - a great lift.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops - forgot to ask which magazine of Just Cross Stitch is the cane cane? It’s darling

    ReplyDelete