05 October 2021

DMC Hoard Organization

 

The hoard is organized! My in-use DMC collection is wound on bobbins and lives very tidily and compactly in four floss boxes (variegated, Color Variations, and Coloris have their own box). Here's how I'm storing my stash of extra full skeins: divided by number and tucked in a baggie with an index card with all the numbers listed on it. Fits in a small box and doesn't take up much space, and so easy to quickly find what I need.

Between this and my toilet paper hoard, I think I'm all set. (By the way, I have been an enthusiastic TP hoarder for many, many years, which is a long standing joke in my family. But when the shortages struck last year, who was laughing then? Mmm hm.)

Happy Stitching!

10 comments:

  1. J'aime ton rangement ! Il me donne envie de mieux trier les miens hihi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never have enough , I am with you on this .
    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea!
    Funny about the TP hoarding.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honeybee: This is a great idea for keeping floss organized.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. According to my mom, I'm hoarding TP, dish soap, & cat food. *I* call it planning ahead.

    Probably a good thing she hasn't noticed my stitchy stash. I'd be getting an intervention for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful way to store your excess DMC! I'm with you on the TP hoarding. My friends all laugh, but when it became scarce, who was laughing then!???!?!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great hoard organization!
    Another TP hoarder as well as other things!
    Love your blog Honeybee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great organizing, I am a TP hoarder too. Well actually have been for years buying huge amounts and deliver to the house. I also have bags of Bath and Body hand sanitizers. My kids ( who were always given bags too) said they were all set for hand sanitizer during the Pandemic. PS am well stocked with candles too just in case the smell of scented candles cures anything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this storage method. I may have to try this. Have you noticed that TP is hard to find again. I am starting to hoard this also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another TP hoarder here! Having a house full of girls (and bathrooms!) taught me to hoard TP early in my adult life! And like you said, who's laughing now!

    Love your organization method. I need to reorganize mine and may just give your serious consideration.

    ReplyDelete