30 October 2017

Playing with Jax Update: Lace Pumpkin

Remember in my last post, when I said the black seemed too harsh, and that I was sort of unintentionally ending up with a purple conversion of Playing with Jax? Well, that Lace Pumpkin stitched in black and grey in the original got a makeover. It's now purple.

My changes:

Lace Pumpkin (right front pumpkin):
310--changed to-->3740
844-->3042
644-->3866
3865-->3866
926-->437


This is the fun of playing with color. Sometimes when you start changing things, you end up going in directions you never even thought of when you started. It turns an enjoyable but predictable stitch into a mini voyage of discovery, and that's one of the main things that keeps me from falling into stitching "slumps." I love experimenting with color and I love the surprises that come with those experiments. Yep, I was surprised by this purple pumpkin!

Speaking of surprises, the day before Mr. Wonderful left I got a goody box from my mom that contained these little cuties (yes, there's candy in that trick-or-treat bag!).


Aren't they adorable? They are so cute I just started laughing when I unwrapped them. They're about 5" high and she makes them from kits she gets from Mary Maxim. They arrived just in time for my Halloween scary movie marathon!

Well, Tiger Lily and I have been on our own for a few days now, and so far, so good. We had a major storm last night (no damage, thankfully) and it has turned cold. Here's what you do when your nose is cold but you have a fluffy tail you can use as a scarf:

I'm down to the last pumpkin on Playing with Jax, and then I'll have to make some decisions on the border--whether to stitch it as-is or fiddle with it. I'm still on track to have a finish soon, and then I can get going on my Joy projects. I'm looking forward to those!

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! The lace pumpkin is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the purple lace pumpkin, Honeybee. What a super box of goodies your Mom sent your way! I know you will enjoy them. Looking forward to seeing the last pumpkin come to life with your needle and thread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved CEC designs and I particularly like what you've done with this one. Tiger Lily is a very fluffy girl:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours you have chosen for "playing with Jax are really very pretty Honeybee. I think the piece is lovely.
    Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely color choices and how cute Tiger lily looks making herself all cozy. Sweet gifts from your Mom too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your color choices for your pumpkins. The lace one is so pretty. What a really sweet Mom you have. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete