05 January 2018

Snowflake Finish






This is a freebie available right here. I stitched the birds as Dark-eyed Juncos, as they are my favorite winter visitors. All the other birds we have here are year-round residents, but every winter, these fat little grey Juncos arrive for a visit.

Stitched on 32 ct. grey/white petit point linen from Wichelt with DMC Blanc, 04, 645, 844, 3866; Mill Hill beads in black, 03007, 40479. The grey/white trim is from Hobby Lobby, as are the additional beads and crystals.

15 comments:

  1. WOW! That is such a pretty piece, Honeybee. I love everything about it & thankyou for explaining about the wee grey birds.
    Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Honeybee this is gorgeous,love the colours,well done and thankyou for the freebie link,i am also your newest follower xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! What a spectacular snowflake with birds you stitched up, Honeybee! I really like it on the dotted fabric and your cluny lace edging with added beads really adds to the overall effect. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finish , as always. I love the juncos, too. I can almost predict the date of their arrival and departure ... they are very punctual birds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute finish. I love the beading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, I really like the way you have finished this.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet piece. Love the way you finished it my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous stitch and the finishing is incredible! Love love love how this turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty in those blue/gray colors--one of a kind, just like snowflakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous finish! I really like the dotty fabric you've used :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another very pretty finish. I love your snowflake ornament. RJ

    ReplyDelete