22 May 2018

Antique Beasts & Birds Finish!

My full color version of Antique Beasts & Birds by Elizabeth's Designs.




Stitched on 28 ct. Natural Brown Undyed Linen (Wichelt) with Caron Wildflowers and DMC 938.

My color choices:

border: Copper and DMC 938
words: DMC 938

rabbit: Suede
dog: Burnt Toast
squirrel: Copper
cat: Caramel
bird #1: Dense Fog

butterfly: Mountain Haze
lion: Old Gold
elephant: Dense Fog
chick: Old Gold
bird #2: Oyster
horse: Burnt Toast

snake: Moss
monkey: Copper
bee: Old Gold
fish: Suede
dragonfly (?): Mountain Haze
bird #3: Lexi's Blue


One note about the design: I didn't notice until I'd finished stitching the words that the letter "s" is charted in two different ways, and the model switches them (from the chart) in a couple of places. It didn't matter to me and I left them as they were, but if that sort of thing bothers you, you may want to make note of it.

7 comments:

  1. It's very lovely! Congratulations. You have an excellent eye for color conversion! I'm glad to see you posting again. Take care.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your finish, Honeybee! I love your color version of this design. I really like all the critters included except for the snake. What's next in your Q-snap?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colour choices Sara, I used to love Elizabeth Designs patterns when I stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully bold color changes. Your finish is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Honeybee, love this piece, remember it from days gone by. Just starting to get back on track, after several absent months. So uplifting to read your blog, see your stitching & see the beautiful Tiger Lily. We no longer have our feline friend, however we have been befriended by a neighbours beautiful Burmese, to remind of of ours, this one already owns our home.:):) Kay,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! Do you sell your pieces?

    ReplyDelete