28 May 2018

Mind Your Own Beeswax


This made me smile when I found it. We used to say this all the time when we were kids, and I wondered aloud to Mr. Wonderful if kids still say this nowadays. Privacy and discretion seem to have gone out of fashion, what with data mining on one side and over-sharing on the other. I'm pretty old fashioned about privacy so this little design is just about perfect for me. It's available here. I stitched mine on 28 ct. PTP Sand (I think) with GAST threads in Apple Cider, Brandy, and Soot.

You know those super soft sugar cookies with icing and sprinkles the grocery store sells? Well, here's a homemade version and yes, they're better than the store-bought kind. These are lovely and the recipe is right here. The recipe I used is from her book Sweet & Simple and it is slightly different from the online recipe, but very close. It makes only 6 cookies (I got 7 out of it) so it's perfect for a weekend treat.


I also made scones and a tiny 6" chocolate cake. So that's how I spent my holiday weekend: stitching and baking. (And shopping for sprinkles because now I'm obsessed with this cookie recipe and I need sprinkles for every occasion.)

10 comments:

  1. Honeybee, your cookies look fabulous. I bet they taste way better than the ones you get at the store with none of the preservatives. I love your stitched piece. We used that expression growing up and I used it in my classroom as well. Thank you for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS What occasion sprinkles came to live at your house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't bought any yet, but I've found snowflakes, leaves, holly, ghosts, and bats. And every color of jimmies (the kind in the photos) and non pareils (the tiny round ones) imaginable. Making my shopping list!

      Delete
  3. I'm very familiar with those store cookies! Hard to stop at one. Nice finish! Thanks for the link. My 23 year old daughter looks at me weird when I say Mind your Own Beeswax!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weekend in Paradise, SO jealous :)

    Sweet stitchery and treats, thanks for links to both.

    Now I want to eat cookies and stitch! (Potpie just wants to eat cookies.)

    Lovely works.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous design, I really like the course you used. It is something I still say sometimes. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little design, love the colors.
    Those tiny cookies look yummy!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha. Yes, a familiar expression. My kids are wild for those cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that saying. We used to say it when we were children, too. Well-done with the stitching. Yours is MUCH prettier than the original. :) Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! My six sisters and I used to say that all the time when we were kids (way back when in the 60s!). Lovely stitching -your colors really pop.

    ReplyDelete