12 April 2020

Blustery Easter Greetings!

Happy Easter, y'all! I hope the Easter Bunny found all of you!

Our Easter Sunday began at 6 a.m. with thunderstorms and hail! It's been cold and blustery and snow flurry-y all day. We've been worshipping at home since mid-March, so after our service and lunch, I made some piping hot Percolator Punch and got to work in my sewing room. Oh my stars. Y'all. The framing and finishing that has piled up. I've been wanting to work on it for some time but I've found it so difficult to settle to it. I enjoy it, but at the same time, for me it's very absorbing and intensive and I just haven't felt settled enough to devote that kind of focus to it. Four weeks into lockdown, I finally feel like I can tackle the pile. I guess it has just taken me this long to adjust to this "new normal."

For my first framing project, I pulled out this very old Brooke Nolan finish from the March/April 2010 issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine. It's stitched on 28 ct. Water Lily with the recommended DMC. I am completely dotty about hats of all kinds and have... I don't know how many I have. Forty or fifty? Most of them are "church hats" of varying degrees of fancy, so when I saw this adorable design and everybody wearing their Easter bonnets, I had to stitch it (and then fail to frame it for an embarrassingly long time).

Look at this sassy ladybug. She is wearing that hat.






Isn't that the most cheerful design? I thought it was perfect for this cold, blustery, stay-at-home Easter day. My own real little Easter bunny, Mr. Bun, was in his place as usual.

I have more stuff to share this week, so if you need a break from the news you're always most welcome to drop in here and see what we're up to. As always, thank you for all your kind comments. We'll get through this.

8 comments:

  1. What a precious, precious piece! I have never seen this before. So delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very cute stitched piece.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable Easter piece you framed, Honeybee! Those hats = giggles! I was glad to see Mr. Bun still hanging out. We had a warm and slightly breezy Easter Day, but we had some good rain overnight. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Easter Bonnet piece. So glad you finally framed it. Mr. Bun has found a good hiding place. Our two resident bunnies have been visiting our back yard lately. We don't know whose yard they live in, but the like to eat in our backyard. We are experiencing the rain and massive wind gusts today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitch design, so bright and cheery. It's strange to see a bunny choosing to be there - it's very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty finish. It's amazing how many gorgeous designs JCS has tucked into their issues over the years. I need to dig this one out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute piece! I love those sweet hats on all the animals. It sounds like a very chilly Easter there, I bet it was lovely to enjoy some hot punch and work in your sewing room. So sweet to see Mr. Bun!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect frame. What a great finish!!

    ReplyDelete