31 May 2020

Spring Alphabet


Just finished this lovely Spring Alphabet sampler from Bluebird Needleworks. Ivita is becoming one of my favorite designers. I also stitched her Believe in Magic Christmas design and the gorgeous teapot calendar I'm working on (see my last post) is also hers. I am always looking forward to seeing what appears in her shop next. I loved the colors and the delicacy of Spring Alphabet, and the space. It's beautifully balanced and so soft. I stitched it with her recommended colors, on 32 ct. Vintage Pecan Butter from Lakeside Linens.

All the early spring flowers are here. Tulips...

Snowdrops...

Crocuses... 

And of course, there must be a sweet bunny. 


This is my last spring finish of the year because it's time for...

Summer of Halloween! I'm so excited. I'll still be working on my teapot calendar, and my Christmas Open House projects (which y'all can't see yet), and a couple of other things, but this summer I'm going to do a lot of Halloween stitching. I've been looking forward to it since last fall and I'm so glad the time is finally here. If you're a new-ish reader, have no fear. My Halloween tastes are what I like to call "spooky cute," that is, nothing unpleasant or gross. Just kitties and pumpkins and... a pig? Stay tuned! 

12 comments:

  1. Well, I'm excited to see your Halloween stitching! I love Lakeside fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Spring Alphabet finish, Honeybee! Pretty colors and gorgeous fabric! I am looking forward to your Summer of Halloween especially the pig. Have a great start to June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet finish and I'll look forward to seeing what Halloween stitching you'll be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty design!! How will you finish it? I like the idea of spooky cute but a pig? Can't wait to see what you make!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Spring stitch .
    Have a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thi sis so pretty and delicate. I need to look up her designs. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little bunny....I'm glad you stitched him some flowers to eat (so he won't eat what's planted in my garden)! lol! Looking forward to your Halloween stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet design.I'm looking forward to seeing your Summer of Halloween stitching! Hope you're having a good week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete