10 June 2020

Summer of Hallo-Quarantine

Welp. My Summer of Halloween hasn't gotten off to the start I had hoped for or expected. We're in quarantine. Real quarantine, not voluntary stay-at-home. *sigh* Mr. Wonderful had a sorta-kinda "exposure" to a person who he later was informed is positive for the virus (both were wearing masks, no physical contact, brief encounter). He had to be tested, and even though--thankfully!--he tested negative, both of us have to remain in quarantine for the full 14 days. Since this is a happy place, we'll skip the part where I share what I think about that, and just move on to Summer of Halloween cheer!

As you may imagine, things have been a bit weird here so I didn't get off to a great start on my Halloween stitching, but I have managed one little finish. Isn't this cute? It's available here and the only change I made was to stitch the two darker kitties in black instead of dark grey. I stitched it on PTP Dawn. I love the way the oranges glow on the dark fabric. 

I also treated myself to a new pair of scissors because why shouldn't our scissors match our projects? I can't think of a reason. This pair has a black oxide finish and snips nicely at the tips. Even Mr. Wonderful thinks these are cool.

While I was digging around and pulling supplies for Halloween projects, I took a quick picture of several of my darker fabrics for comparison. Thought I'd share in case you're going to be doing some spooky stitching of your own. Top to bottom (all Picture This Plus): Dawn (linen), Haunted (linen), Mirage (lugana). Different fabrics take dye differently, so keep that in mind if you're going shopping.

So that's the latest from our house. Quarantine (it's day 8, by the way) and Halloween stitching. And weirdness. What a year. And it's only June!

14 comments:

  1. Love the evening picture at the end of your post, Honeybee! I am sorry that you and Mr. Wonderful are in real quarantine, but relieved that neither of you have the virus. Your first Halloween finish is adorable. Your new scissors are beautiful. What kind are they and where did you get them? Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin! Found the scissors here:

      https://www.etsy.com/shop/JustPenniesByLinda

      but I think they're probably widely available.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the information, Honeybee! I managed to snag a pair from the Etsy shop.

      Delete
  2. What an adorable piece and great scissors too!! Am very sorry to hear you both have to quarantine but am also very relieved you both are o.k.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry that you two are in quarantine. That is my worst fear as we have to take care of our mothers. So glad you are both healthy. That Halloween piece is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you had to quarantine , it is a strange time.
    Love your new start and your scissors .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad hubby tested negative.
    Keep stitching, that will make the 14 days pass more quickly.
    Such a cute design, & beautiful fabrics.
    Love that night pic!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the kitties. Glad you two are ok. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whats the title of your cross stitch kitties above? i'm trying to find the pattern. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a link to the design in the paragraph above the picture.

      Delete
  8. I'm sorry to hear that you're in quarantine, but it's a relief your husband's test was negative. This really is quite a strange year. Your first Halloween finish is very cute! I hope you're doing well and continuing to enjoy your Summer of Halloween stitching!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about your real quarantine and glad you both tested negative. Our planned 6-day trip to visit DD's family turned into a 9-week trip courtesy of COVID. (We opted to stay "a little longer" to help with the kids during the day so their parents could work from home.) At the time of our return home, our state (TX) was requiring a "real" quarantine to anyone returning from CA but the DPS officer who was supposed to meet us at the gate but didn't (we eventually found him elsewhere in the airport) described our quarantine as much less restrictive than on the TX website so we thought a change was coming soon. Sure enough, a few days after our return, TX dropped the quarantine requirement for people coming in from CA. Still, we've been mostly staying at home. Strange times we're in now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks again. I didn't see the "here" was the link. I'm goin' shopping.

    ReplyDelete