26 April 2022

Quick Update


Just popping in for a minute and testing posting from my phone, which I've never had to do before. We're in temporary quarters at our new base. Very comfortable, but not like home, of course. Housing is a problem here and we're on a waiting list for quarters, but thankfully we did manage to find a place to live as we wait. Signed a lease yesterday. Huge relief. Our new place isn't available til late May, so we'll be hanging out in temporary quarters for a while yet. 

Tiger Lily has been a trooper, as always, but this upheaval has been hard on her. She's been a bit sick but seems to be feeling better now. She's chomping away on her snacks as I type this (with my thumbs... on my phone... *sigh*).


We're all kinda wiped out but hopefully now that we have the pressure of finding a place to live relieved, we can relax a bit before the next stage of this move: getting our shipment and unpacking. 

I haven't put in a stitch since early April. My brain has had two speeds over the last few weeks: "bag of squirrels" and "off". Not great for settling down to stitch. Maybe now I can.

Thank you for speeding us along with prayers and encouraging words. This has been a tough one, but I think we can see light at the end of the tunnel. 

Also, if this phone posting thing works, I may be unstoppable. Stay tuned.

13 comments:

  1. Happy to hear that you are slowly settling in. Hope everything g goes smoothly. Nice weather is well on its way so that should help! Hope you can stitch soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are inching closer to being in your new home. That must be very tough on everyone. Sure hope the next four weeks pass quickly! Take care now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hail to thee, great phone poster...you are a real trooper and seem to be moving right along.
    Hope the final settling in goes without incident...but in the meantime, kick back and take in
    the new scenery, new acquaintances and featured attractions. You will be picking up your
    needle sooner than you think...good for the soul. Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honeybee: I cannot imagine how hard its s to move so many times during a career, Tiger Lily looks so peaceful.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was happy to see your post and hear that you're starting to settle in a bit. I hope all goes smoothly, and you can all begin to rest and recover. I hope Tiger Lily continues to feel better and settle in and you'll be able to pick up a needle soon, too. Take care.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to see your post. Poor Tiger Lily, Sweet 16 and has to be uprooted again. I hope she recovers quickly.

    What part of the country are you in this time? Maybe we can arrange a meet-up.

    How many years has DH been in? What is his goal? 20, 27, 30? Thank him for his service, and a big thank you and hug for being there for him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you are in a good place before you move on again .
    Enjoy your weeks waiting .
    Tiger Lily looks like she as settled already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you found a place.
    I hope you all adjust well.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you all made it. Glad Miss tiger lily is feeling better. Breathe you got this! Take care and be well. Darlene North

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to see you popping in! You have been on my mind and in my thoughts. I hope Miss Tiger Lily continues to feel better. So happy to hear that you have found a place to live and have some place temporary until you can settle in. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ive been checking in to see if you updated anything. So glad you finally landed and got a place to at least call home for a few weeks before "home" begins! Hopefully Lil Miss Tiger Lily gets to feeling better....Love her pictures... I have her twin--Mabel Elizabeth.... attitude to the max!!! Glad you can post on your phone too!!!!! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your description of your two brain settings. I can relate. I am glad you are semi-settled and will have a home soon. Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am not sure why I am coming up as anonymous, I have never posted anyplace as anonymous.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete