23 May 2022

In the House

 

We are fiiiinally in our house after five weeks in temporary quarters. Base housing won't be available for 6-8 months so we're renting for the next year. Our shipment gets here Thursday, Lord willing and the creek don't rise. This is our backyard. 

I got some stitching done while waiting, but not a huge amount. Here's my baby fox I mentioned a few posts ago. Really, if you need a mindless but enjoyable stitch ("low threat" as Mr. Wonderful would say), these geometric animal designs are the best. Loads of them on Etsy.


One of the things I've been doing is mentally "decorating" the pretty little screened in patio we now have. Honestly, it's the thing I like best about this house. I've chosen a pale aqua and taupe color scheme and I can't wait to get it pulled together. Miss Tiger Lily is also getting a fancy new cat perch so she can enjoy the patio, too.

Moving is so tiring, sometimes you just fall asleep on your face. But we are almost there. My goal is to have the house completely done by the end of June. I always prioritize the kitchen and bedroom, and my sewing room is always last, so it'll be a while before we can get back in there and play.

I'm so looking forward to being able to post regularly and share my stitching and finishing. If you've been here for a bit, you may remember my Summer of Halloween (2020) and my Summer of the WIP (2021). When I decided to do Summer of Halloween, I wasn't thinking of starting a tradition. I just hadn't stitched any Halloween in a while and I was wanting a fun project to focus on during that first pandemic summer. I ended up enjoying having a summer theme so much that I did it again last year. 

With my dad passing and this prolonged move right on the heels of that, I haven't had the head space to devote to thinking about a summer theme for this year, but a few days ago, a little idea crept quietly into my addled brain. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but it's just patiently sitting there, waiting for me. 

2022: Summer of... ?

10 comments:

  1. Your backyard looks wonderful and roomy! I hope you get to enjoy it a lot while you're there. Am looking forward to your unveiling of the Summer 2002 project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to hear from you and see things are moving along. Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this home sounds terrific! Your yard looks great. And palm trees! wOw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful to see your update, and I'm so glad you're finally in your home. What a pretty backyard! Your screened in patio sounds lovely too. I hope all your belongings arrive safely, and I'm looking forward to hearing about your summer stitching theme! Take care,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely setting , and to hear you are almost settled .
    Lovely sweet fox stitching enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you found a new place.
    Hope your shipment goes well.
    Tiger Lily looks so sweet.
    Can't wait to see this summer's theme.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Honeybee, I have been thinking of you and wondering how you were faring. So glad to see your post this morning (even though I am late to the party). I am glad you are in your house. What a beautiful backyard you have! Can't wait to see what you do with the porch and also your summer of 2022____! Hope your shipment arrives safe and sound. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So good to see you post and know you are settling in your new place. As everyone has said, that backyard is beautiful and private. You should have some really nice porch sitting time.
    I've been stitching The Beatitudes by Little House Needlework's. Almost finished. I've said that for a week but honestly 2 or 3 more days. We have hot summers so I'm going to stitch a Halloween project next. It will remind me of what is to come. I've had the Judith Kirby Victorian House #9 since it came out. Long time ago. Seeing yours finished has pushed me to start mine. Yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad to see that you are settling in even if it is temporary. That backyard is quite peaceful. I love that little fox stitchery that you are working on. Hoping you shipment is on time and in tact.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure you must be exhausted, but it looks like you have a lovely yard to relax in after your furniture arrives and you get settled. I see palm trees so it must be someplace warm! I honestly can't imagine moving as we have lived in this same home for nearly 40 years now... the mere thought of it exhausts me. Hope you can get back to doing the things you love very soon!

    ReplyDelete