26 August 2022

Swampy Update



Two-thirds of the way through my swampy sampler. I finally got a few reasonably good shots of the color of this fabric. The color in the first, second, and fourth pictures is pretty close to true, while in the third picture of the Sandhill Crane it has that grayish look that's been annoying me. You can see the difference absolutely perfect light makes. 

This sampler has been my summer project, and since I'm close to a finish I've started thinking about fall stitching. I'm still blazing away on Christmas Open House projects for this year (and next year!) but I'd like to squeeze in some fall stitching. Hard to believe the summer is almost over, according to the calendar anyway. More on that later.

9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and the x stitch fabric is perfect for the stitchery. I'm still working on my Judith Kirby of the haunted house and children trick or treating. I may not have it finished for this fall. Sometimes I need a break and I'm stitching smalls for fall to put in my wood bowl. At least, I'll have them finished : ) .
    Summer has flown. We haven't done anything exciting but the months have disappeared. Living in So Ca. the warm weather will be around for a couple more months but the evenings will be much cooler.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I just finished Acorn Fairy. I too plan on continuing an autumn piece during September then on to winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a darling sampler and gorgeous fabric that you are stitching it on. The frog is just magnificent. I have started to move into fall stitching too. Have a wonderful weekend and happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Sampler , beautiful stitching .
    Have a fab weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking great!
    Love that green fabric,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been stitching this pretty project very quickly. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Swampy Sampler is looking awesome, Honeybee. The colors are so relaxing. Enjoy the remaining days in August.

    ReplyDelete