09 September 2022

In Tribute

 

This is my favorite story about Queen Elizabeth. As a fervent believer in the power and value of therapy dogs--having been on the receiving end of that myself--I love this story about the Queen spontaneously turning her ever-present cloud of feisty and cheerful corgis into a pack of therapy dogs. Her intuition, compassion, and gentleness is beautiful.

In tribute, I compiled a little list of corgi designs to share. These are all downloadable and under $5, so if you're feeling like stitching a small memento, you can begin right away.

A tiny corgi pincushion

And by the same designer, a small Platinum Jubilee tribute that could easily be altered to commemorate her life

trio of corgis in different colors

An adorable little gent in a bowtie

A somewhat larger design, a beautiful mandala-style corgi

Another easily adaptable Platinum Jubilee sampler

jolly, round little lad

teeny tiny tribute

Also, though these projects are a bit different from the others on my list, I couldn't resist including them here. I don't crochet but I found this charming little crochet pattern of the Queen and her corgis. Too sweet. And this gorgeous kit of two corgis in the autumn leaves, sharing a plaid scarf. It instantly made me think of the Queen with her corgis at her beloved Balmoral. I have ordered from this shop before and had good service. I think this kit may be available from US sellers as well. 

I have no doubt that the stitching community will be producing more commemorative designs in the coming days, free and for purchase, but I wanted to post this list today in tribute to the Queen. A link with the past has been broken and we will never see her equal.



6 comments:

  1. It was a sad day to hear of the Queen's passing.
    Thanks for the links.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post. The crocheted Queen and Corgis is adorable. I believe strongly in the love and intelligence of dogs. I attended the funeral of my uncle this week and the paw prints of his dog were included with his casket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's lovely, Linda. I'm so sorry for your loss.

      Delete
  3. I love the story you shared of the Queen, Honeybee. What a beautiful reminder of her kindness and compassion! Thank you for sharing the links. I definitely believe in the power and value of dogs (therapy or otherwise).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honeybee: She was an amazing Lady who loved all, she was truly loved by the world, she will be missed.
    Thank-you for the links.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that story. Seems she had an incredible ability to ‘read’ the situation.

    ReplyDelete