07 October 2022

Swamp Sampler is Finished!

 

Finally finished my summer project, in October. *sigh* Here's Magical Swamp in all its swampy, green, critter-filled glory. I love it.


Hi. I'm back. September was a... challenging month. But I'm still here, muddling along. I haven't been in my sewing room in forever, I'm behind on this year's Christmas Open House, there's dust on my blog, and my brain seems to have gone into hibernation. That's mostly due to stress, but I do wonder if I'm so conditioned to that invigorating snap of cool fall air that its absence is slowing me down. I love fall and for many years this time of year has been a time of bustling busyness for me, getting ready for all the upcoming holidays and the long winter to come. Mr. Wonderful and I joke that when it's time, we'll be the first retirees to move north instead of south! Anyway, I'm slow, and my progress on stitchy things is slow, and I need to get moving.

Being slow


Helping


Sleeping


Exploring

And that's the super exciting update from my house. Baking is done, crock pots are simmering away, so I'm off to stitch now. Gonna see if I can knock out a couple of Christmas Open House projects over this long holiday weekend. Hope y'all are well.

Happy Stitching!

11 comments:

  1. Nice to see you!
    I just finished a Salem Witch Trial piece yesterday and started a Christmas angel ornament today.
    Enjoy October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this looks so beautiful! Congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swamp Sampler turned out so pretty.
    Tiger Lily has the right idea!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Swamp piece looks fabulous. Well done! Wonderful pictures of Miss Tiger Lily especially the exploring one. What do you have simmering in the crockpots? Have a relaxing long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Swamp piece, I like Tiger Lily's cat tree. It's nice she can look outside and enjoy the sunshine. big hugs Lynda Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband and I were stationed in the south for specific training. My first experience with extra large bugs! When we retired it was still on the coast but a more central location. Small bugs, change of season. Your swamp piece is gorgeous. I have admired all your stitched pieces, and your color changes. I love your Tiger Lily postings. Pets enrich our lives so much. LN

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors in Magical Swamp. I love the photo's of Tiger Lily also. We have friends who want us to move near them when are both retired.....either Florida or Arizona. I want neither as I enjoy the change of seasons. We will definitely have a place in the Northeast of the USA. Maybe another out west near our son. I hope you can shed some of the stress soon. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Honeybee: The fabric for this design is perfect so rich looking, you have made great progress.
    Blondie the Cat says hello to your sweet baby.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete