10 March 2023

A Year of Winter: Snowy Wren

 

My latest finish in my Year of Winter is Snowy Wren, from the February issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine. It's been ages since I bought a copy of that magazine, but I had to stitch this sweet little bird. I love the look of early darkness on a winter day, and the warm light from the cabin spilling out onto the snow. Stitched with the recommended DMC on 28 ct. Bridesmaid evenweave. 



This design is currently available to purchase as a PDF on the Annie's website, but I think they change availability frequently, so if you want it you probably shouldn't delay.

13 comments:

  1. This is a very sweet finish my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one so much , must go on my list to do .
    Have a lovely weekend hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love wrens, they're so feisty. I can hear the occupants of the cabin yelling "Shut the dang door, you're letting out all the heat along with the light!!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!
      "Are you trying to heat the whole neighborhood?!"

      Delete
  5. Oh Honeybee, this is a sweet finish. It looks great on your chosen fabric. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sweet. I have that issue, I may have to stitch it for my husband who loves birds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty little stitchery. I really like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful design, the wren is very sweet. I love seeing all your Year of Winter finishes, that's such a nice idea. Hope you're having a relaxing weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty! I'm going to have to follow that link!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is lovely, I need to find it so I can stitch it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! So pretty and sweet this design!

    ReplyDelete