19 July 2023

It's Party Time

 

In my last post, I said when I finished the house I would let y'all know and we'd have a stash party to celebrate. Break your piggy banks, y'all! I'm done! Well, I'm calling it done. There are a few things left to do, but they're the straggly kind of odds and ends that always follow a move, and there aren't many of them, so... done. Let's all treat ourselves to some stash to celebrate, because I had to battle to get this done and y'all have been encouraging me all the way. I am exhausted and so ready for a long rest. I feel like I've been in moving mode for the last 18 months, since I first started taking apart the house at our last duty station. I can finally breathe and settle.

In other news, the girls and I are unsupervised this week! It's the first time I've been on my own with the werewolves, but Mr. Wonderful is on TDY so hopefully they'll behave and not cause too much chaos. I plan to just hibernate, rest, and work in my sewing room. I have so much stitching, framing, and finishing to catch up on.

So it's party time. If you're celebrating with me, I'd love to know what stash you got. Now that I'm done with this never-ending move, I hope to be posting more regularly and sharing what I'm working on. Thanks for all the support and encouragement! Back soon!

Happy Stash Shopping!

8 comments:

  1. I haven't gotten much lately, trying to finish up what I have.
    But, I did get the latest Erica Michael's Strawberry kit form Dyeing to Stitch, the club is sewing themed this year. :)
    That Kitty picture is too cute, as are the werewolves. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo on the being done and finished, Honeybee! The girls look like they are settling in and I hope they are good company while Mr. Wonderful is off on TDY. I need to pick up some DMC so I will order a few fabrics while I am at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Honeybee: Your stitched cat and book design is adorable, it reminds me of your sweet babies.
    They are so beautiful.
    I am happy to hear you will be able to relax and get some stitching done.
    Have a wonderful week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! Enjoy having the place to yourself, and get some rest. Your girls look wonderful and like mischief waiting to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little Book and cat stitch ,it's so sweet .
    You sound so happy and positive ready to play in your sewing room.
    Have fun and enjoy every moment , hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the only fabric or needlework stashing I've done the last few weeks has been from the free bin at QOV, which will go right back there in the form of quilt tops. I did get 4 Accuquilt dies on overstock sale. In spite of Iowa Shop Hop going on until end of the month, I've had no desire to add to my personal fabric stash as there is no room, less than no room to be honest.

    How great to finally be all settled in! I hope you get to enjoy this place for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got a couple new charts All American by Primrose Cottage Stitches and Bee Sweet by Annie Beez

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Happy to hear from you. Enjoy your time in your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete