05 May 2024

Summer Birds: Stitch and Be Glad

 

Another quick finish for my Summer Birds project! This one is by Needlework Press and is in both the 2019 and 2022 editions of the Nashville Needlework Market Cookbook. As you can see, I did change all the colors!


Stitched on PTP Valor
Words: GAST Wood Trail*
Robin: GAST Wood Trail, GAST Wood Rose, Weeks Curry, DMC 310 for the eye
Branch: GAST Heirloom Gold, GAST Bayberry
*A note about Wood Trail: I have three skeins of this and all three are different; one is slightly more of a grayish brown, one more golden brown, one more chocolate brown. I used the grayish brown.

I love this design. I really like the sturdy, straightforward character of the font, and the "keep your chin up" feeling of the sentiment. Just a cheerful little design.

I'm working on my next project for my Summer Birds. It's by a new-to-me designer that I have really taken a liking to and I'm finding working on this project very relaxing... when I show you the design you'll see why! Looking forward to sharing it with you soon, so stay tuned!

Happy Stitching!

14 comments:

  1. Great saying , looks a fun stitch .
    Have a wonderful week , hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very cute finish!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Honeybee, this is such a sweet stitch for your summer bird project. I love your color changes. Like you, I really like the font on this one. Happy May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this little sentiment. I like your color changes also. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tinyness and detail in spite its size!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very sweet design. I like your color choices, too. It's interesting how the flosses can really vary from skein to skein. It's nice you've found a very relaxing project- perfect for the start of May. I'm looking forward to seeing it! Hope you have a happy week!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary! To me it seems most dyers do a pretty good job with color consistency, but every now and then I run across a noticeable difference.

      Delete