30 December 2015

Our 2015 Ornaments

Every year Mr. Wonderful and I choose our ornaments from the current Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament issue. We've been doing this since our first Christmas, so we have quite a collection (which can be seen under the Christmas Open House 2014 label).

Here are this year's ornaments! His (scroll down to the 23 December post for information on the color conversion):

 And mine:

Here's a close-up of the fabric. I wanted to show it because it's very unusual in that it is flecked with silver instead of having a silver thread woven into the linen, as with other silver/natural linens. Unfortunately, I don't know the manufacturer. I picked it up from the scrap basket at my LNS some time ago and it was just labeled as 32 count silver/natural. I love it because it looks like falling snow.

9 comments:

  1. Great choices and finishes! I love the sweet caroling button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful conversion - you most definitely have an amazing eye for color! Have you ever thought of trying your hand at designing??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I've given it serious thought... even bought a domain name. But the rampant internet theft of designers' work and the hassles of the business side of things have made me decide against it. At least for now. Maybe someday.

      Delete
  3. They are awesome! That IS a neat silver fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are gorgeous, Honeybee! The button on yours is stunning and I still love your color conversion on your husband's. Wishing you a very happy and healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two wonderful ornaments! Perfect fabric choice for your ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful ornaments, Honeybee! I had to go hunting for that beautiful fabric and I think I found it! Fabric Flair 32ct linen in white/silver, antique white/silver and natural/silver. You can see all 3 on the Norden Crafts website. http://nordencrafts.com/C-1224/32ct-Linen.aspx :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Trinabelle, THANK YOU! I am a Fabric Flair addict and I suspected it might be FF but didn't want to say so in case that wasn't correct. I have some FF silver/natural that has a silver thread woven into it, but wasn't sure if they also manufactured this stuff. It's gorgeous... perfect for "snow."

      Delete