07 December 2015

Working on Joy

Here's a quick stitch I did last night. This tiny ornament is one of six in the new "The Joys of Christmas" from The Drawn Thread, which I picked up at my LNS on Saturday. All six of the ornaments use the same color scheme, and all incorporate the word, "joy". There's so much in the world to be worried and discouraged about these days, and I'm really having to work hard on being joyful, so I thought I needed this new chart to come live at my house and encourage me. 

This one is stitched on 32 ct. natural linen, and I changed the green and the red to GAST Bayberry and Pomegranate. The design has a border, but I haven't made up my mind if I'm going to use it or not, so for now, I'm calling it done.

Joy, y'all!

7 comments:

  1. That is very pretty, looking forward to the updates of the other designs from this eries

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it without the border, Honeybee! It looks fabulous! Did you add the beads or did it call for them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin! The chart calls for and comes with the beads (red, green, white) and two tiny buttons for the snowman ornament.

      Delete
  3. Remember, joy is from God so therefore it's eternal and no one can take it away from you. Amen and keep stitching! :)

    ReplyDelete