30 October 2018

Spooky Finishes!

Victory! After last week's flu shot adventure derailed my finishing and framing plans, I have finally been able to play in my sewing room and I have stuff to show y'all! 

Ichabod Crane Inn is by The Primitive Hare and is in the book "Le point de croix au fil des saisons." I got my copy several years ago from Amazon France, and it used to be available from Casa Cenina (which I have no personal experience with), but I don't know if it's still available. I have always loved this piece and even though it's not a perfect job, it's now framed and I can enjoy it.


Here's my purple house conversion of Judith Kirby's Victorian House #9. Color conversion and fabric info are in this post and in this one.



I also did the finishing on this little piece, Simply Boo by Elizabeth's Designs from the 2015 Just Cross Stitch Special Halloween Issue. Info on my color changes can be found in this post.

I love this spiky black ribbon trim. I've used it several times and keep a supply on hand as I've never found it anywhere other than Hobby Lobby.

I have grown-up stuff to do tomorrow, but hopefully Thursday I'll be back in the sewing room making a mess. Stay tuned!

12 comments:

  1. Each one of your spooky finishes look super, Honeybee. I really like the frame you used for the Judith Kirby purple house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the purple house and that Hershey bar looks tempting....Happy Halloween,
    Honeybee....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice of frames. BOO is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are beautiful, especially that BOO! Wow! Breathtaking. Love the colors, and that ribbon is awesome. It goes perfectly with that stitch, with the spiky parts in the pattern. Um, the candy.... YUM. Mine is staying hidden until the very last minute. I have a 15-year-old who has no limits. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All great Halloween finishes!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every year I see Halloween stitching and think that I must do some one day, I seem to go straight from summer to Christmas designs. I especially like the BOO piece. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stitching and finishing!! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you are ready for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stitching and finishing Honeybee. I especially love the finish on Boo and that great trim. Looks like you are all set for the trick or treaters. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your spooky finishes Honeybee! I have the Primitive Hare pdf, it may be a start in the new year:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely stitching!! My late mother in law's maiden name was Crane so I love seeing any Ichabod Crane pieces.

    ReplyDelete