06 March 2019

Christmas Ornament SAL March Finish


Here's my March choice for the Christmas Ornament SAL, from the 2007 JCS Christmas Ornament issue. It's stitched on mystery 28 ct. pink even weave with GAST Rose Garden, Gold Leaf, and CC Weeping Willow. The beads are Mill Hill 2012. This is my second time stitching this one. The first time it was Mr. Wonderful's annual ornament choice back in 2007 and I stitched it as recommended (you can see it in this post). But I decided I wanted a pink one for my sewing room tree!

The first day of (meteorological) spring looked like this:

So I settled in with this:

and this:

and had a stitchy day. I'm right where I wanted to be by this time, as far as moving preparations go. We have the moving survey guy coming tomorrow, and once he's seen the house and has done his assessment, I can really get going on actually taking the house apart. That part will go pretty quickly and I'm chomping at the bit to get to it. After ten years on the East Coast, we are definitely ready to go. And we're excited about where we're going, so that helps.

But before I go Viking on the house, I plan to relax for a couple of days, go to Market Day at my LNS, stitch, and just breathe. And maybe lie around with my paw over my eyes. 

8 comments:

  1. Love how the lake looks to be in the shape of a heart. Tiger Lilly seems to have the right idea where the snow is concerned, out of sight, out of mind. Beautiful stitching.
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pink ornament. The first one you did was lovely too, but I like the pink better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your March ornament finish, Honeybee! I look forward to seeing it on your sewing room tree. It looks like your next stitch is on the same fabric. Your snowy picture looks super; you ended up with more than we did here. After you return from Market Day at your LNS, I think Tiger Lily has a great idea. Thanks for the chuckle about going Viking on the house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty pink ornament.
    Glad you are ready & organized for your move.
    Yup, Tiger Lily has the right idea! :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pretty pink ornament, it will look great on your sewing room tree. It sounds like you're in great shape for your move. I'm glad you can relax for a bit and enjoy Market Day; I'd be interested to see some of the patterns you choose. I hope to visit my LNS-I'm excited to see some of the new releases as well. Tiger Lily is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your pink ornament. It sounds like you have everything under control for your move. Enjoy your stitching and your Market Day visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your poinsettia ornament thread choices. Especially that pink! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete