26 September 2020

Autumn is Coming Mini Quaker

A finish! This is Autumn is Coming Mini Quaker (available here) stitched on 32 ct. Flax with the recommended threads, except I did swap GAST Pebble for GAST Parchment. 



Two things, if you stitch this:

1) If you have to buy your threads online, you're probably going to see photos of the two purples and think, "That can't be right. Those are dark grey." I was a little concerned that the threads I was seeing online (I checked several shops) were not the beautiful smokey purples in the model. But they are, they're just really hard to photograph. 

2) If you're stitching this 2 over 2 on something other than the recommended 1 strand on 40 ct. linen, get TWO skeins of the Weeks Stepping Stone, just to be on the safe side. I'm pretty frugal with my thread, and I didn't run out, but I did come close.

This is my first Quaker, and while I'm not wild about the Quaker style in general, this one just spoke to me. I adore the colors, I love the unique shape, and it was a fun, relatively quick stitch. I may pester the designer to give us the other three seasons!

Happy Stitching!


16 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Stitches through the Years is a new shop to me (I stitched La Vie Este Belle and fell in love). She has a great eye for color. The purples in La Vie were the same - the skeins looked grey in person, but when I stitched the design and they were next to the soft beiges, the purple undertones just popped. I love the variegation in the orangey brown in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet design. Nice finish. Good of you to share the info on the floss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful finish and great tips! Thread and linen both seem impossible to photograph accurately. You're lucky if one does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Thank you for the advice, it is always useful to know these things before you start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These colors are so very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous finish, Honeybee! Again, thank you for sharing this designer (and link in the previous post). Love the colors in this one! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet of you to share your experience with threads and pattern. That's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely piece! The colors are beautiful too. I hope the designer does the other seasons as well, it would be a lovely set. Hope you have a great week!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful warm colors in your stitching .
    Lovely finish .

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just purchased the pdf, and am excited to have another beautiful chart from you, and another pretty piece once done. You always do such beautiful things. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a perfect fall piece--love the colors and the little motifs :) Happy October to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful finish! I love the little squirrel motif

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I do love this design - Autumn is my favourite season!

    ReplyDelete