20 December 2020

2020 Ornaments

 

Stunning news! Our 2020 ornaments are fully finished and hanging on the tree... and it's not even Christmas yet! 

This is Mr. Wonderful's choice from the 2020 issue of Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments magazine. Info on my changes to this design and the fabric I used in this post.




My choice from the magazine, to commemorate our autumn trip to South Dakota. The braided leather trim can be found in the jewelry making/leather working section of Hobby Lobby. The little rusty metal stars are from a garland I got there a couple of years ago.



Somehow, my 2019 ornament didn't get finished last year, so here's my choice from the 2019 issue of the magazine. I didn't change any colors but I did stitch the entire ornament with DMC Etoile. It really sparkles.


My dad is making good progress in the acute care rehab center he is in currently and is expected to move to a regular rehab facility later this week. Thank you so much for all your kind words and prayers. What a blessing they are.

Bonus Christmas cheer! 

Monday evening, 21 December, just after sunset. Do Not Miss This: The Great Conjunction


7 comments:

  1. I love your ornaments :-) I'm leaning more to these flat finishes now rather than the little pillows I used to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I finish everything flat in the interest of space. I can store 40+ ornaments in a container the size of a shoe box!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely wonderful!! So happy to hear about your father getting better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your finished ornament trio are fabulous, Honeybee. I love the fabric you used for Mr. Wonderful's ornament. I love the leather trim and rusty stars on yours and the sparkle of the Etoile thread on your bird ornament. What good news to read about your Dad; continuing to lift him up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are very pretty ornaments- how great they're already up on your tree! I want to try DMC Etoile, I love a lot of sparkle! So glad to hear the positive news about your Dad. Continued prayers for his recovery. Hope you have a good week!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous trio! That bison instantly reminded me of South Dakota too! :) Praying for your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ornaments all turned out so darling! I love looking at mine and recalling the special memories that they bring back. So happy to hear about your dad--I'm sure he is very anxious to get home again. Wishing you all a wonderful year ahead!

    ReplyDelete