18 December 2020

Merry Christmouse: Twas the Night Before Christmas

 

Welcome to the final day of my Christmas Open House! My last project is one I've wanted to do for many years and just never got around to, but it was the first project I thought of when I decided on my Merry Christmouse theme. I knew I had to stitch this gorgeous set. These designs are by Crossed Wing Collection and are in the 1998 and 1999 Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament special issues. The mouse is in the '98 issue and the owl is in the '99 issue. 

Not a Creature Was Stirring is stitched on 28 ct. Dusty Green/Olive Jobelan and framed in an Olive green 6x6 frame from Mill Hill.

Not Even a Mouse is stitched on 28 ct. Denim Blue Jobelan and framed in a Navy blue 6x6 frame from Mill Hill.

I considered stitching this pair on different counts to make them closer to each other in size, but decided I wanted the size of the stitches and the look of the fabric to match rather than the overall size of the design. Once I got them stitched, I also decided I like the size contrast: the delicate little mouse stitched over one, with over one lettering, next to that big, bold owl. I just love this pair of designs.


That brings us to the end of another Christmas Open House, but don't despair, there's more Christmas stitching and cheer to come, so drop in any time and see what I'm up to. We are doing Christmas, y'all. 

Thank you so much for spending the week with me, and thank you for all your very kind comments. I look forward to this every year, and it's so lovely to know that so many of you look forward to it as well. From our house to yours, MERRY CHRISTMAS!


PS: Theme for 8th annual Christmas Open House is already decided!

10 comments:

  1. Oh Honeybee, what a beautiful pair you stitched! I love your fabric choices along with the frames. Well done! I wonder what Miss Tiger Lily is watching so intently out that window. Will you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THey are both beautiful, but my favorite is the mouse! Your stitching is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful pair of stitches! I really love the fabrics you chose. That's a sweet photo of Tiger Lily. It's been fun visiting your Open House this week- thank you again. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stitching . Enjoy your Christmas .

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful.
    Crossed Wing designs are so true to life.
    Cute pic of Tiger Lily.
    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both pieces are nice but loved the Not a creature was stirring. Liked you picture of your cat too. She looks very interested in the lights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a unique, gorgeous pair! Especially love the mouse. Is Tiger Lily watching a rabbit?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous pair of designs to do!! They are so unique and yet just perfect, not to mention your stitching - even the over-one! I've been trying to do an over-one project right now (in-hand, which might be my problem) and it can't hold a candle to yours! :)

    Ooh, can't wait to see what you have in mind for next year :) I just can't tell you how much I enjoy your yearly open-house!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your holiday with us! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another Christmas Open House is in the books! I'll be going to the previous posts for all those recipes; they all sound scrumptious. It's not Christmas here in stitchy blogland without your open house. Thanks HB.

    ReplyDelete