21 April 2021

My Tiny Library










When I took my rest break last month, I spent some time creating a tiny library at the back of my walk-in closet. It started out as just deciding to move some of my books from one closet to another so they would be more accessible. But as is often the case, my simple idea turned into a project. I already had the bookshelves I needed, but if you're going to put books in a walk-in closet, why not go for it and create a library! So, a lamp, a print, a cushy pillow, and a little rug later... TA-DA! An itty bitty library! 

My closet has long been Tiger Lily's place--her favorite basket is in there--and it's where she naps almost every afternoon. I stitched a special piece just for this little library (available in this Etsy shop) but gave the kitty Tiger Lily's calico tabby markings (though I didn't attempt her floof). I'm looking forward to lots of drowsing over a book in there, with her snoozing in her basket. Bliss.


12 comments:

  1. That is the perfect little cross-stitch piece for your cozy closet reading nook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little library! Very charming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honeybee: What perfect little nook, I bet it is cozy and quiet just enough for reading and maybe a little nap.
    Blondie the cat says hello to the beautiful Tiger Lily.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little library, so cozy.
    What a great idea.
    Love hat kitty cross stitch.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect little book nook and what a great way to utilize that space. Enjoyed the photos and know you will have many hours of reading/drowsing please. Your Tiny Library stitch is precious. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did forget to tell you that I love the colored lights and the stitched Kitty designs.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea and the perfect stitched piece too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a lovely idea, and it looks so cozy and inviting. I love how you decorated it, and then stitched the perfect little piece. I know you and Tiger Lily will enjoy spending lots of time in your little reading nook. Take care.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling stitched piece! And, the little library corner is so cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat idea. I do have a walk in closet, plenty of books, but now, lack a beautiful feline, or two. My DH keeps saying how the home lacks a cat. However, we are now able to up and go whenever, without the maybe bookings at the Pussycat Hilton. Hugs Kay,

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea. Love your tiny library and cute stitch. Have a great week .

    ReplyDelete