19 May 2021

You May Need to Stitch One of These

 

Although I enjoy everything I stitch, sometimes a project just hits me differently and beyond the enjoyment of stitching it, it becomes a joy in and of itself. That probably only makes sense to me, but that's okay. What we get out of stitching is as unique to each of us as what we put into it. And sometimes, what starts out as just another project transforms into something different. Perhaps more meaningful. Perhaps more helpful. Perhaps something else.

I started this gorgeous fox during the winter, but didn't get very far before laying it aside for other things. My well-planned project to-do list went sideways in March with the strain of my dad's health situation. I fell way behind on everything stitching-related. As I was slowly getting back to my stitching, I thought about picking up on my list of projects, but for whatever reason, I decided instead to work on some WIPs and this was the first I picked up. And I'm so glad I did.

This beautiful design is Mandala Fox from this Etsy shop and it is literally a day brightener for me every day that I work on it. I mean, just look at these eye-popping colors! Bright, cheerful, unexpected... it's hard to be gloomy when you're stitching with colors like this. And it's an easy stitch, as well. The regular patterns and blocks of color make counting and stitching a breeze. This fox is just the right project at just the right time, and it is a joy.

If you're in need of a "pick-me-up project" and are open to something a little different, have a look at the shop I linked. They have just about every critter you can imagine, some more elaborate than others, some striking and some whimsical (mandala hedgehog, anyone?), but all colorful and fun. And if you'd like to explore this "mandala" style a bit more, just type something like "cross stitch mandala animals" in Etsy's search box and you'll see a wide array of interpretations. I happen to think this shop does it best, but you may prefer someone else's work.  You may even surprise yourself (Me: "Why do I want to stitch that turkey? I don't even like turkeys." Also Me: "You need that turkey.") By the way, this is DMC on a soft, rosy pink 28 ct. linen. 

So... that second vaccine shot... woah. This picture of Tiger Lily is pretty much how I spent the last couple of days (lol!). But I'm so thankful for these vaccines and I'd do it again tomorrow if I had to. Okay, maybe not tomorrow. Maybe like next week. 


8 comments:

  1. Oh your Fox looks so real I love him .
    So happy you are enjoying your stitching again.
    What material are you stitching on , I would love to know .
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was afraid someone was going to ask! This is a piece of mystery linen I had in my stash and I don't know the color or manufacturer. Best I can do is tell you it's a smidge lighter than DMC 778. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful!

      Delete
  2. It's awesome!
    I will check out that shop for sure.
    Beautiful Tiger Lily.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fox is looking good, Honeybee. Glad you are enjoying your stitching again! Praying for the side effects from the vaccine to lessen each day until you are back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat design! I'll definitely check out that shop. So nice that you're enjoying your stitching and finding such joy working on this design. Hope you're feeling back to normal after your vaccine. Continued prayers for your Dad's recovery.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous design. Foxes are such beautiful creatures and lovely colours for stitching too.
    I know exactly what you mean about certain designs where every stitch and colour is an absolute pleasure.
    I've got my second vaccine tomorrow, hope it goes as well as the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally get what you are saying. That is how stiching my Santa Stocking makes me feel. I love this Mandala Fox!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty colours use for the fox design, love it!

    ReplyDelete