28 May 2021

Mandala Fox is finished!

 





Well, that was fun! Mandala Fox (available in this Etsy shop, along with lots of other mandala critters) is stitched with DMC on a pale, rosy pink mystery linen. I highly recommend choosing your favorite critter friend and stitching one of these, if you need something a little different. Just a really fun stitch. 

Hope to get Spring is Coming Mini Quaker started tomorrow. And I've actually been able to think a little bit about what I'd like to work on this summer. Last summer I had a Summer of Halloween and thoroughly enjoyed stitching Halloween all summer (check out the Halloween label to see last summer's finishes). I usually have projects planned a couple seasons in advance, but this year has been... not the year that was going to happen. Y'all know what I mean. Things went sideways in early March and they're still a bit wonky. So I didn't have a summer project list. 

Last night I was perusing the little notebook I keep all my stitchy lists and thoughts in, and was looking at my WIPs list, and thought, "Hm. I should knock out some of these WIPs." Early in my stitching life, I was a very staunch one-project-at-a-time stitcher. Over the years, I've loosened up on that--and I still don't have nearly as many WIPs as a lot of other stitchers I observe--but it's more than I'd like and I've started feeling a bit guilty about starting a new project without finishing a WIP first. Easy fix: Summer of the WIP! As soon as I thought of it, I was excited... a sure sign I'd hit upon just the right thing. 

So as soon as I finish Spring Quaker, I plan to pick up a long-neglected WIP and finish it. I've chosen three projects; we'll see how far I get. 

Hope your Memorial Day weekend is quiet and safe and full of relaxing stitching.

10 comments:

  1. Mandala fox is beautiful. Creative pattern by the designer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, so bright and looks so real.
    I rotate my stitching every night with a mix of 6 and a WIP for an hour in the afternoon .
    But to stay with one item would not suit me .

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Fox is so pretty & colorful.
    I also don't like a lot of WIPS.
    I started the year trying to finish some.
    Have a great Holiday weekend!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Honeybee, your fox finish is a beauty. Well done and thank you again for providing the link. Your summer of the WIP sounds good. I look forward to seeing what projects you are pulling to work on. I will be standing here cheering you on. Wishing you a relaxing and peaceful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fox is beautiful! I looked at the Etsy shop and they have some lovely designs.
    A summer of WIPs is a great idea. I've been slowly working my way through my oldest ones. I am about two days away from finishing one from the last century!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bookmarked that Etsy shop for a future purchase or gift request. Your Mandala Fox is gorgeous. I love the idea of finishing some WIPs. That is a great goal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! He looks amazing you must be delighted.
    I love the colours, what a good lookyng chap.
    hugs,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Mandala Fox is beautiful! The colors are gorgeous, and it's a very creative design. I checked out the designers shop and am very tempted to try one myself. I think it's a great idea to work on WIPs this summer. I look forward to seeing your projects! I hope you had a happy relaxing Memorial Day weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't he the most handsome fox--just perfect for you :)

    ReplyDelete