17 March 2022

Nostalgia

 

Sometimes you just find something that makes your heart happy. Browsing around on Etsy a while back, I stumbled across this 37-year old (!) leaflet. It was $4.95 and I was tickled pink. Why?

Because these two little designs were hanging on the wall as stitched models at the very first cross stitch shop I ever frequented. I remember seeing them every time I visited. 

It's gone now, as so many are, but I spent many, many happy hours there and these chubby little bluebirds bring back such memories. I intend to stitch them for my sewing room. And I'll have to stitch that little chickadee, too, because I adore chickadees.

5 comments:

  1. Those chickadees are adorable. I am sure you will have hours of happieness stitching them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that book.
    Carolyn Shores Wright designed great birds, especially Bluebirds.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honeybee: I still have that book, I love the bird designs.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that leaflet. Her bird designs were so life-like. I know you will enjoy stitching them for your sewing room. Happy Friday, Honeybee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have that book. Stitched several. Love the book. I love birds!!

    ReplyDelete