11 March 2022

Now, about that bag...


If you've been here for a while, you may remember before we moved here three years ago, I prepared a "mini stash" to see me through the upheaval of the move. I'm not a stitcher who "kits up" lots of projects in advance, however in this instance, I decided to put together a bunch of small projects to have available in case I was separated from my precious hoard for too long. As it turned out, the move went smoothly and we got quarters right away (thankfully), so I didn't end up needing it desperately. 

This move... well, it's another story. It doesn't appear things are going to fall into place as we had hoped, so I may be stashless for some time. Which we're not going to dwell on. What we are going to dwell on is my fabulous new stitching bag. 

Last time, I placed each project in a very fancy ziplock bag and tucked them all in a tote bag. I was so fancy. This time, I am fancy beyond words. Behold, the glory of this bag!

Inside front and first "page" (*flips the page*)

First and second pages (*flip*)


Second and third pages

Third and fourth pages (velcro closures)

Fourth page and inside back (more velcro closures)

This will give you a good idea of the size. That's an 11" x 12.5" q-snap lying flat in the back of the bag. 


It's also nice and wide.


And here she is, fully loaded and ready for whatever moving-related nonsense lies ahead! It's really more like a small, soft-sided suitcase (size wise) than a stitching bag. It holds a ton of stuff.

I got this bag on Amazon (Earthwise Arts & Crafts Storage Bag Organizer with 17 compartments). This size also comes in red, and I believe there is a smaller size, so if you're browsing, make sure about the size you want.

I always overestimate how much stitching I'll get done in situations like this, but it's nice to know I can dive into my mini stash at any moment and have a lot of projects to choose from, all neatly organized and ready to go.

Happy Stitching!

8 comments:

  1. I have this same bag it is great! 🙂 Thank you for the links to the Ukraine stitchers in your previous post, I bought from each seller. 😊 I hope your upcoming move goes smoothly. We retired from the USAF 13 years ago. We went all over the place. 😩 😁 Its fun but sometimes it isn’t. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great bag. It is perfect for your situation. I hope the move goes more smoothly than you expect. I know my son's furniture was several days late when he moved from PA to CA in January.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a nice bag, thanks for the info.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome looking bag! As always Honeybee, thank you for sharing details with pictures and the information about where to get it. I am praying that it is a smooth move for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also noted that eBay has same one (new) for a tad less with free shipping..
    Praying you through, Honeybee, with the hope you will find a bright light at
    the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that bag! I don't travel a lot so I'll just admire it from afar:) Hope the move turns out well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this bag!!!! I am afraid it would get super dirty in my world... but it's so pretty & organized!!!!! You should show us the "organized" version also!!! Hope the move goes smoothly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honeybee: This is an amazing bag.
    Beautiful color and storage space.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete