21 March 2022

A what and a what?

A finish and a start! Okay, the finish is my three-months-late 2021 Christmas ornament, but it's done, and that's better than not done, no matter how long it takes. This is my slightly modified version of this design. Just smooshed it down a bit, left off the words, and added a few snowflakes. Very bright and cheerful.

And here's my new start, one of my purchases in support of Ukrainian designers (please see this post). This adorable baby fox is from this shop. The fabric is the Zweigart manufactured brand from Hobby Lobby, 32 ct. in the color Spa.


Why am I starting this now, when I'm up to my eyebrows in moving? No idea. I've stitched a couple of foxes in this style (Sleeping Fox and Mandala Fox) and really enjoyed doing them. The blocks of color (or even patterns of color, as with Mandala Fox) make keeping track of where you are really easy, and the stitching goes pretty quickly. Not much counting or concentrating. So, pretty good project for when you have 50 other things on your mind.

Speaking of which, thank you so much for your prayers and well wishes for our upcoming move. This has been a difficult year already, and we have challenges ahead, but we've also been so blessed. I certainly count it as a blessing to be able to get lost in my stitching, and to have a place to share it, and y'all are part of that. 

Happy Stitching

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy stitching that adorable fox. I like your, finally finished, Christmas ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where would we be without our stitching. It is one of our blessings. Moving is a really big deal, and we need moments to just get away from it and be one with our needle and thread. It will be your balm in your time of stress. Just remember we are all thinking about you, and praying for you, wherever you are. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely fox , thank you for the link , I have already given my support .
    Yes what would we do with out our stitching , so good for us at times of stress .
    Hope your move goes well hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute finish & future start.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honeybee: I hope your move goes easy.
    The teacup is pretty.
    The fox is adorable.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your ornament finish, Honeybee! It is darling. What a sweet baby fox you have picked to start! Thinking of you (Yoder's has pastel sprinkles) and praying for your upcoming move.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Christmas ornament is very cute and cheerful, and I love your new fox project. I completely agree that our stitching is such a comfort, and can be a wonderful distraction in times of stress. Wishing you all the best for your upcoming move, and I hope you're able to settle in quickly in your new home. Take care, and I hope you're having a good week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the move! Your little fox is adorable and I'm sure he will keep your hands and mind occupied rather than worrying ove the move.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Honeybee, I love the fox and probably I will follow your suggestion to help ucranian people and buy this chart and others I like...
    And good luck with your move!
    Susana Pousa
    pousapontodecruz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete