03 April 2023

A Year of Winter: Winter House Trio, Part 1

 

I've started my next Year of Winter project, Winter House Trio by Waxing Moon Designs. I'll be stitching them together as one piece, using the recommended threads, and making only one change.


The only change I've made is stitching the windows with DMC 3820. I wanted the houses to look warmer, as if all the lights are on during a snowy evening.


Moving prep is coming along, babies are thriving, I'm hanging in there. As we say where I'm from, Lord willing and the creek don't rise, we'll be in our quarters in about five weeks. I cannot wait to get on the other side of this move. I really, really need to feel settled. 

Hope y'all are doing well and getting into your spring stitching. I'm just over here stitching winter, and moving, and trying to raise these wee werewolves to be ladies. (Look how big!)



11 comments:

  1. So weird sometimes, I cannot use my google account to log in. I love your winter houses. How many of them will there be? I can't have a winter village table top display, keep thinking I would stitch one. Why can't I have one you ask? Cuz my youngest fur baby would delight in playing with them :o} Your little ones seem to get bigger everytime you show them. Looks like one has a tail just a swishing, she spots something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I meant to sign my message...stitchinrose aka crzycatlady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your winter houses are beautiful I like that you changed the window colour , great idea.
    You will soon be settled in your new home , enjoy a lovely Easter hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, the houses will be so cute.
    OMG! The babies HAVE grown!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news on the house, I hope all goes well with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those houses! Like your change too. The girls are indeed getting so big! Happy Easter
    Darlene N

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your winter house looks fabulous, Honeybee! Like you, I like to leave a light on when house stitching. The girls are growing. Glad to hear moving prep is coming along! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honeybee: They are beautiful for sure and so inquisitive. Lovely stitching, Winter House Trio is a beautiful design.
    I hope your move goes fast and smoothly.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, the winter house looks beautiful and the kitties are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I like the designs on that fabric. Looks very cozy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice embroidery! Your cats are so cute no the window!!!

    ReplyDelete