27 May 2023

Winter Sampler: Icicles


Stitching is happening, y'all. Not a lot, but it's happening. For the first time in many weeks I've been able to start thinking about and working on Christmas Open House again, and I have even gotten a couple of stash orders (more on those later). It doesn't really feel like home until stash shows up in the mailbox!

I am slowly getting the house pulled together. I usually do this pretty quickly, but I have been so tired, and frankly, haven't felt well. Lots of stuff from the last year and a half catching up to me, I think, now that we're finally settled. I'm anxious to get my sewing room in working order because I have so much finishing and framing to do, but the sewing room is always last on the list when we move. So it will be a while before I get it sorted. 

The babies are doing fine. They're nine months old (can you believe it?) and chunky and fluffy and into everything. I guess eventually I'll have to start calling them "the girls" as they're getting so big, but they were so tiny when we got them and had such a rough start, they're still babies in my mind. 

So that's how things are here. Just plodding along with the unpacking, stitching a little in the mornings before I start my day's work, and turning my mind to all things stitchy: Christmas Open House, Year of Winter, things I want to stitch next year, stash, a surprise I'm working on for y'all...

Wait, what?

Stay tuned!


15 comments:

  1. Hello Honey Bee , Good to hear you are moved and planning your house out .
    Sorry you have not felt to well , It must be the stress of moving .
    You will soon get everything up and ready , all takes time .
    Your stitching looks wonderful .
    Have a lovely week give the babies a kiss from me .
    Good to see you back , hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter Sampler is looking so cute.
    Glad you got some stitching time, even if a little.
    Happy that the girls are doing well.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Winter Sampler is simply adorable!
    The babies will always be your babies of course.
    Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. You always sound so upbeat that its hard to imagine you being less than wide awake and ready to go. I hope you get over this soon.
    Have a lovely Memorial Day. I know you will celebrate it as is intended.
    The weather here in Pennsylvania is wonderful. I've been spending g a lot of time outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see your post. Glad things are going well for you, it does take longer to get settled in when you get older. :o} Sorry that you aren't feeling strong, hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is definitely true! I'm feeling this one!

      Delete
  5. Good to see you out of hibernation, Honeybee! I was just thinking about you there other day. Why? Because sprinkles! The icicles block looks fantastic. Hare to believe the babies are 9 months old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to be associated with sprinkles! ;O)

      Delete
  6. Ooh, I love your Christmas Open houses! Glad the unpacking is going well, and hope your energy returns soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed, this one's gonna be pretty neat!

      Delete
  7. So nice to see your post, and I'm happy to hear you've been able to get back to doing some stitching- that's always a comfort. I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling too well. You've definitely had a stressful and difficult time for awhile, so you also need to give yourself a break-I'm sure getting your new home in order will take awhile. I'm glad your kitties are doing well, I bet they're enjoying exploring their new home! Happy Memorial Day, and take care.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear that you are settling in and stitching a little.

    ReplyDelete