07 October 2023

Halloween Fever & Faking Fall & Werewolves


I'm back! Thank you so much for all the well wishes for my back injury. I'm pretty much all recovered and doing normal things, just being a little more careful as I can still feel that little twinge, especially when moving in certain ways. It's been over seven years since my last back injury, so I guess I was overdue.

A while back, the gal working the Chick-fil-A drive through and I were commiserating about missing fall (she's from Maryland) and I showed her the fall wreath I had just bought. She said, "We gotta fake it til we make it!" Yep. I put up my new wreath, and it looks pretty, but man... I am missing real fall. I've also been bitten by the Halloween bug. I'm not quite finished with Christmas Open House stitching, but I made the mistake (mistake?) of browsing Halloween designs on Etsy and ran across a couple of really cute ones I had to have. Those, together with the JCS Halloween issue I bought for the first time in years, have really got me having a fit to stitch Halloween. Can't right now, so the next best thing was to drag out most of my Halloween stitches and decorate! 

Y'all. Halloween has barfed on my shelves.

Grab your hot apple cider or your pumpkin spice whatever and snuggle in, cuz we got Halloween!















If you see something you'd like to know more about, click on the Halloween label at the end of this post, or in the right sidebar under "Labels". You may have to scroll a bit, but all of this stuff is there (some of the older freebies and designs may no longer be available). The instructions for the homemade display stands are in this post. 


So, I'm stitching Christmas, thinking about Halloween, and faking fall. And taking care of the werewolves...

...who are now pushing 13 pounds.

What?

Yeah, I have no idea how we adopted two teeny tiny, super fragile, underweight babies and ended up with two girls built like bobcats, but here we are. They're not fat, either; they're just... big. 

That's the long overdue update from my house. Hope you're all well, and enjoying fall, and stitching away on whatever makes you happy. Fingers crossed I can get my Christmas stitching done and squeeze in some Halloween (because I clearly don't have enough)! Wish me luck!

Happy Stitching!

19 comments:

  1. Hello Honeybee: This is a lovely post, so many fall decorations to see and the babies who are so beautiful, they have such sweet looking faces on them both.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your Halloween stitches! Those cat eyes! I like the little house shelf you have, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow quante splendide cose a tema Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi lovely display for fall.
    Look at your babies so cute bless them , have a fun Sunday and hope your back gets better soon.Hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fall wreath is a beauty, Honeybee. The girls are looking so good. Hard to believe they were so teeny and fragile when you first got them! Your Halloween display looks amazing. I am glad to hear your back is better. Thinking of you and Happy October!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great Halloween display with wonderful stitches.
    The girls are so very pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Cat Eyes...both stitched and real!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Halloween decorations are just fabulous!!! The girls are just beautiful! We have four cats and the fourth one is one who showed up on our deck just over a year ago. He was scrawny and starved but now he is a beautiful, big guy.
    I am so happy to hear your back is feeling alot better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are feeling better! I love all those great Halloween decorations....especially the cross-stitch. Those cute little kitties are really growing. They fit right in with the Halloween decor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your Halloween decorations, I love the little kitties. I could sit and hug them all day. Get better soon. love Lynda Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, the werewolves are just cute! My own are snuggled up together sort of next to me. It's rained and the temperature has dropped so I had to close the front door, brr. Love love your Halloween display! I have mine up too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful Halloween stitching and nice decorated. Love it. The werwolves turned out great. Could hug them.
    Have a happy time.
    Greetings, Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you are feeling better. You Halloween decorations are wonderful. The two girls are beautiful. God bless. (stitchinrose here, unable to log in, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.) :o}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy you are feeling better! Love this post with all the Halloween fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better! I love your Halloween stitches, they make such a lovely festive display. Your kitties are gorgeous, too.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many beautiful Halloween stitches! I am not even putting mine out this year. It's always hit or miss with me as my dad died on Halloween and it really changed the holiday for me. This year, I'm just skipping right to Thanksgiving. Glad your back is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous collection of Fall and Halloween stitches. And such a cute display. Robin in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your kitties have a relative in West Virginia who is named Sadie! She's my granddaughter's cat and looks like both of yours.

    ReplyDelete