31 October 2023

A Spooky Halloween Door

 

A Halloween finish, fully finished, in time for Halloween! Can we believe it? No, no we cannot! When I picked up the Just Cross Stitch Halloween issue this year, this spooky little door was the first design that caught my eye. I found several more, and for the first time in years, I bought the issue. I didn't know if I would have time to stitch any Halloween, let alone do any finishing, but I managed it and I'm so happy with how it turned out!


As usual, I made a few small changes you can see below. I left off the spiders and the stoop, and changed the house number to 1931, the year the original Dracula movie was released. I stitched mine with the recommended DMC on 32 count Confederate Grey linen.



I've had this little thing in my finishing stash for a few years. I got it at Michael's, with no specific project in mind; just thought it might come in handy some day.

I gathered up some more supplies for my Halloween door from a couple of Etsy shops (links at the end of this post) and got a stick from my yard.

Look at this adorable wee kitten!

Finally, I took a hacksaw to this dollhouse window (from Hobby Lobby a few years ago, tucked away in my finishing stash) and made a fanlight, painted it black and backed it with yellow fabric.

And there we have it! A spooky Halloween door guarded by a sleepy little black kitten. 



Hope y'all have a happy and safe Halloween! (I may have overdone it on the candy, but in my defense, we didn't get to celebrate last year.)

Supplies:

Kitten

Oak leaf garland, pumpkins, door mat

16 comments:

  1. Cute finish! I'll have to check out the pattern. Happy Halloween, HB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a clever and creative finish! Delightful! You are always an inspiration - thank you! And Happy Halloween!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful Halloween finish! I love how you fully finished it, too. It's a great addition to your other beautiful Halloween and Fall stitches. Hope you have a very Happy Halloween!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you finished that spooky door. The kitty and welcome mat are genius. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great finish, love that little Kitty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful Halloween door you stitched and finished, Honeybee! Well done! The little welcome mat and kitty are darling additions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Halloween door. Great addition to your Halloween decor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful finish! The results are just precious! I do love the black kitten….we have a couple of live versions on our property! Carol in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finish , and wonderful decorations . hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is wonderful. stitchinrose

    ReplyDelete
  10. This finish is so perfect, love the little kitty addition, perfect.
    I am looking forward to your Christmas House, I bet you are very busy getting ready.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh. How very cute. So clever of you. Robin in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is kind of crazy question. Your cheeseburger soup: I’m missing the amount and type of cheese to use in preparing this recipe.
    FYI the chicken wild rice soup is great and so easy to make! We love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8 oz Velveeta, cubed
      Link to recipe:
      https://thecopperfox.blogspot.com/2021/12/christmas-in-woods-possum-squirrel.html?m=1
      Enjoy!

      Delete