A Halloween finish, fully finished, in time for Halloween! Can we believe it? No, no we cannot! When I picked up the Just Cross Stitch Halloween issue this year, this spooky little door was the first design that caught my eye. I found several more, and for the first time in years, I bought the issue. I didn't know if I would have time to stitch any Halloween, let alone do any finishing, but I managed it and I'm so happy with how it turned out!
As usual, I made a few small changes you can see below. I left off the spiders and the stoop, and changed the house number to 1931, the year the original Dracula movie was released. I stitched mine with the recommended DMC on 32 count Confederate Grey linen.
I've had this little thing in my finishing stash for a few years. I got it at Michael's, with no specific project in mind; just thought it might come in handy some day.
I gathered up some more supplies for my Halloween door from a couple of Etsy shops (links at the end of this post) and got a stick from my yard.
Look at this adorable wee kitten!
Finally, I took a hacksaw to this dollhouse window (from Hobby Lobby a few years ago, tucked away in my finishing stash) and made a fanlight, painted it black and backed it with yellow fabric.
And there we have it! A spooky Halloween door guarded by a sleepy little black kitten.
Hope y'all have a happy and safe Halloween! (I may have overdone it on the candy, but in my defense, we didn't get to celebrate last year.)