12 January 2024

January Basket

 

I love a good monthly series, but I rarely find one that appeals to me enough to stitch all twelve designs. I've been looking forward to stitching this flower basket series from Cosford Rise Stitchery since last year. Isn't this January basket lovely? It's stitched on 28 ct. raw linen with the recommended hand dyed threads, although I did use DMC 3865 for the snowflakes to brighten them up a bit. I really enjoyed working on this. Quick to stitch, and even though I'm not a huge fan of blue in general, the threads for this design are just beautiful. 

This is actually my third finish this year. To be absolutely honest, the first two--a Christmas Open House 2024 finish (!) and Mr. Wonderful's 2023 ornament--only needed a little work done to put them in the finish pile, but a finish is a finish! Yay, me!



12 comments:

  1. Your January basket is lovely, Honeybee! I love the thread colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching! Love the colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely design , love the colours , you made a wonderful start.
    Happy New year Hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very pretty!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 finishes! That’s awesome. I think I may have gotten 3 stitches in. :)
    I am hoping you can reclaim a lot of things this year.
    Wish you the best.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely basket, and the floss colors are beautiful. That's impressive that you already have 3 finishes for the new year and that you're already completing stitches for your next Christmas Open House! Hope you're having a relaxing weekend!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful. Three finishes, I haven't even held my stitching this year. Life keeps getting in the way. You have inspired me, tomorrow I will stitch! :o} I hope (stitchinrose) typing my name as it won't let me sign in on google, or put my name in. Wonder if it is firefox? hmm next time will try a different browser

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just read your blog entry about celebrating Christmas in a BIg way! What a wonderful way to combat sad times……add so many good times that the sad are outnumbered. I congratulate you and hooray for Mr. Wonderful living up to his name! Joy shared is twice the joy. How can I follow your blog? I got to it today through another blogger’s list. I have done that in the past through Carol’s Stitching Dreams. But I’d rather get it directly. Is that possible? Carol in
    Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Carol! If you scroll down a bit, there's a section for followers in the right sidebar. There's a blue button that says "follow".

      Delete
  9. Popping in to wish you a Happy New Year! I love your pretty basket finish and how nice that you're working ahead to the 2024 open house. I've been having trouble commenting on certain blogs (yours is one), but I finally realized I can do so if I switch to Chrome. Anyway... just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your Open House in 2023 :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful finish! Happiest Of New Years to you!

    ReplyDelete