30 January 2024

Stitching & Stash, Part 1

I have been trying to get this post up for weeks and in that time it just kept growing so I'm gonna have to make it a two-parter! Fix yourself a cozy beverage and get comfy because we're doin' stitching and stash!

Every January brings the previous year's blog book. This year's, like last year's, is bittersweet. It's the first without Tiger Lily in it, and it's the babies' first back cover (that was always Tiger Lily's place). 





This is the printing service I use. I've always been happy with the results, and the price is reasonable if you wait for discount codes, which they have periodically, and always in January.

Last year was a challenge and the only stitching I got done was for Christmas Open House and I really missed being able to work on other projects. I've been able to get back to my Winter Sampler. The latest block is a cold, snowy night.



I'm also still working on my 2023 Christmas ornament from the JCS ornament issue. I got Mr. Wonderful's done (but not finished).


Another January start was this lovely bull. "Lovely bull?" Well, I think he's lovely. Look at those soulful eyes. And my dad was a bull rider in his very young days, so I guess in a way this old boy reminds me of him.



As I mentioned in my last post, I'm also already working on Christmas Open House 2024, aaand I'm gathering my charts and supplies for Open House 2025! There's a method to my madness, but more on that at a later time. 

Finally, I got back to my Winter House Trio as well, but don't have any interesting progress to show yet.

So that covers my January stitching. Part 2 tomorrow will cover stash! I have some neat stuff to show you!

Happy Stitching!


11 comments:

  1. hello, May I ask the name of the pattern for the bull? thank you for your blog I really enjoy reading it kind regards Robyn Sydney Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robyn! It's a kit I purchased from an Etsy shop called Wizardi. If you go to the shop and search "bull" it should come up. I tried to give you a link but it was huge! :O(

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, already planning 2025! Two years ago I started keeping binders of my needlework and it has really worked out well and I am quite pleased with myself. I seem to get more done if I plan it out. Or maybe the fact that I retired 2 years ago and devote 3 hours to stitching every morning is why I am getting more done!
    Can't believe its almost February. Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three hours a day would definitely help! Happy Valentine's Day, Linda!

      Delete
  3. Cute little stitches!
    Love those books.
    Even though Tiger Lily isn't in them now, you have past books with great memories of her.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Marilyn, I treasure my books with her in them. She was such a part of my stitching.

      Delete
  4. I really like that cold snowy night. That bull IS lovely. Those eyes! I hope you enjoy all of your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the bull is so handsome. Those eyes of his! The winter piece is looking good as is your ornament, Honeybee! Can't wait to read part 2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your books are lovely, a super idea. I love the bull, he's superb

    ReplyDelete